Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    The guy who insists on giving you a running commentary of the match you are watching and then there is the guy who waits for you to order food or drinks and then tells you - "I wouldn't have ordered that here, mate"
    This is the guy I sit next to at home matches, and God he never stops moaning. Oh how I laugh everytime a player scores against this idiots advice.

I have no idea why ( there is a lot I dont know but I am working through the list) people will insist in congregating around choke points i.e. door ways, hall ways ,stairway. Anywhere there is restricted passage despite the rest of the room being unoccupied.This applies anywhere not just pubs and annoys the hell out of me.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    This is the guy I sit next to at home matches, and God he never stops moaning. Oh how I laugh everytime a player scores against this idiots advice.
    You poor buger , having to work with Dave as well

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Shhhhhh, he might not have realised

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I encountered one of my big annoyances a couple of days ago. The words “a pint of the Clarks Blond please” were still being carried by the sound waves between myself and the barmaid when she cut them off rapier-like with a curt “anything else?”. “Just any sort of indication that you have the slightest understanding of the concept of effing customer service will do” I said …to myself.

#1007 - In any mainline railway station, there is a good chance that the pub/bar will be run by an outfit called Select Service Partner (whatever the apparent branding, or lack thereof). The staff are contractually obliged to ask "would you like any crisps or nuts with that" when you buy a drink, even when you know exactly what's coming and you ask for "a pint of [whatever] please, and no crisps or nuts or anything else thank you very much"...

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    #1007 - In any mainline railway station, there is a good chance that the pub/bar will be run by an outfit called Select Service Partner (whatever the apparent branding, or lack thereof). The staff are contractually obliged to ask "would you like any crisps or nuts with that" when you buy a drink, even when you know exactly what's coming and you ask for "a pint of [whatever] please, and no crisps or nuts or anything else thank you very much"...
    Before the de-merger into M&B, Vintage/Ember Inns, Harvesters and all the rest of them were owned by Six Continents, which also owned Britvic. Britvic own the UK franchise for Pepsi. The poor wretched bar staff were made to tell anyone asking for Coke that they must have Pepsi instead. Much enjoyment to be had of course, by always ordering Coke in such places should the opportunitry arise.

I wonder if anyone ever declined the offer of Pepsi saying they only liked Coke?
    Last edited by NickDavies; 07-02-2010 at 10:24. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Before the de-merger into M&B, Vintage/Ember Inns, Harvesters and all the rest of them were owned by Six Continents, which also owned Britvic. Britic own the UK franchise for Pepsi. The poor wretched bar staff were made to tell anyone asking for Coke that they must have Pepsi instead. Much enjoyment to be had of course, by always ordering Coke in such places should the opportunitry arise.

I wonder if anyone ever declined the offer of Pepsi saying they only liked Coke?
    Yes. Someone has.

THAT was a long day...

Seriously I can't even remember when is the last time I ordered Coke/Pepsi in bar..
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

One of my main pub gripes is when you fight to get to the front of the bar, order the real ale of your choice from the handpumps on display, only to be told that one is off, but the clip has not been reversed.
    And trying not to offend Hopwas, but it is a technique perfected by Wetherspoons establishments....
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde