Ads not shown when logged in
Page 26 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

Glass Half Empty

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    If you mentally undress them , barmaids in my case, the problem can go away. I will agree that it does not happen all the time, some look better clothed however good your imagination. Believe me that mine is out in the far reaches of near lunacy.
    I wish I had your imagination. These days I need a few curves to fire mine up.
    'Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable' - Python

This Space For Hire

#666 Individual TV screens showing football at the end of every table

I just read this on another pub review site of a Hungry Horse close to me. Glad I haven't been in for a while. With the Olympics coming up there'll be more of this sort of thing.

Off duty staff and managers behind the bar talking to the staff on duty and generally getting in the way.
    WE ARE THE BREADMEN - UP THE BEES

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    #666 Individual TV screens showing football at the end of every table

I just read this on another pub review site of a Hungry Horse close to me. Glad I haven't been in for a while. With the Olympics coming up there'll be more of this sort of thing.
    Seems to be a nationwide policy then, as the only time I had to suffer one I left this review:
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/33275/
    A particularly ghastly experience I remember.

http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/66138/

Too many TVs.... Never.... Just not enough eyes!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/66138/

Too many TVs.... Never.... Just not enough eyes!
    Haven't seen this sort of thing in pubs yet. Presume the bar person has a zapper to see that the same sport is running on all tellies. Will be bedlam if each table can have something different on.

Prefer JDW's myself so you can sit near a TV if you want updates on the silent text along the bottom of the screen.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Been in pubs that have some tv's picking up a terrestrial transmission and some tv's picking up the same channel through satellite and you get a small time difference on what the tv's are showing.
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Been in pubs that have some tv's picking up a terrestrial transmission and some tv's picking up the same channel through satellite and you get a small time difference on what the tv's are showing.
    This happened to me during the Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan. The TV in the room I was in had a time delay of about three or four seconds compared to the TV in the back room. When the game went to penalties, I already knew if Liverpool had scored or missed each spot kick thanks to the shouts from the other room. It took all the tension and drama out of a really exciting match.

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    This happened to me during the Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan. The TV in the room I was in had a time delay of about three or four seconds compared to the TV in the back room. When the game went to penalties, I already knew if Liverpool had scored or missed each spot kick thanks to the shouts from the other room. It took all the tension and drama out of a really exciting match.

can be crucial if betting in running
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post

I remember being in Gertie Brown’s (now long closed) in Hampstead many years ago when they had a dodgy Arab channel showing football on a Saturday afternoon. The governor muted the TV and put Five Live on the radio. Good idea except for the fact that the radio was about 30 seconds behind the TV. These were the days before Sky+ so he couldn’t pause the TV for 30 seconds to compensate.