Ads not shown when logged in
Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I think you may be confusing dogs with students.
    Yes. They are very similar now you mention it...

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General Staal View Post
    the general public. Evil, vile, stinky things!
    A more accurate perception.
    Dogs are fine, & generally friendlier.

I have found dogs are less likely to try and scrounge fags, tobacco,money and drinks from you. Neither do they try to steal your woman or beat your head in after drinking to much.
    Yesterday evening at my local I saw a poodle, two jack russels, a black labrador, one other terrier breed and a cat. They all made less noise than the loudmouths who had been drinking all afternoon, but then animals are not "civilized human beings".

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    not "civilized human beings".
    Nor are many members of the general public. As for students, we only need to look at the pictures from London this week to see what they are like nowadays when not kept on a lead.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I think you may be confusing dogs with students.
    At least students don't try to shag your leg.

I am surprised that people are shocked by the recent student riots. Throughout history students have been known to run riot for one reason or another and usually after a lot of thought on the matter. I believe many have no wish to be violent but get carried away with events. Unlike many of us here those students still believe they can change the world ( I can still remember being that daft !), they have not yet been ground into submission yet. That is why in a different era they would have been enlisted, commissioned, armed and sent to do heroic deeds in a brilliant but short life.

STUDENTS.....lawdy, no way would I want to be in the same pub as them...far to noisy and lively. They would distract me from my crossword while trying to shag my leg.......GET OFF you hairy little b*gg*r.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I have found dogs are less likely to try and scrounge fags, tobacco,money and drinks from you. .
    They do try & scrounge crisps / scratchings etc though whilst shagging your leg or wiping their arse across the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    They do try & scrounge crisps / scratchings etc though whilst shagging your leg or wiping their arse across the floor
    While accompanied by the over loud belches and gaseous f**ts of the clientèle.

I am beginning to have second thoughts about going to the pub.When you read this thread you do think " Why Bother".
    Sorry I am all out of pork scratchings. The pesky student eat them all.

While accompanied by the over loud belches and gaseous f**ts of the clientèle.
    My mother had a dog which was more than capable of pumping out noxious gaseous clouds. It would bound down the hall at you as soon as you entered and try to jump up at you, yapping. It used to annoy the hell out of me.

I remember once, eating chicken and chips in a pub in Mortehoe near Woolacombe with Mrs Staal. A lovely fluffy white cat was curled up on the seat near us. As soon as I had had my last chip and put my knife and fork down, the cat leapt on to the table and vanished out of the door with the chicken carcass. It must have trained for years to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    At least students don't try to shag your leg.
    There's a couple of pubs I know of where you can buy them a couple of drinks to get that!

I don't like cats in pubs as they tend to walk everywhere - tables, chairs, the bar etc etc. At least most dogs stay on the floor as breathing trip hazards to waitresses with bowls of hot soup...
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*