Ads not shown when logged in
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    Not a member of the Birmingham speed boat owners club are you?

When my phone rings and there is that four second delay I usually hang up - If I don't I normally get called by my wife's maiden name and then I hang up. Maybe I should string it out, but I usually can't understand a word that John Bloggs is talking about on the other end of the line.
    Its the maiden name thing that gives it away, we have different surnames so straightaway I know when someone calls me Mr M.

I once corrected a caller, telling him my surname was Wichalbion. He finally asked me for my first name which was of course Westbrom. He hung up.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I once corrected a caller, telling him my surname was Wichalbion. He finally asked me for my first name which was of course Westbrom. He hung up.
    Hahaha!!! Nice one!
    Last edited by trainman; 04-03-2010 at 19:30. Reason: coz my poor attempt to extend the joke was a miserable failure!

Just recently about 4 of my neighbors have changed to BT broadband. As a result my Laptops and Tower System keep trying to connect to BTfon ,the unsecured hotspot ,but its a lot slower on speed than my own network from a different provider. My stepson is starting to have the same problem in another part of town despite paying for a commercial rate connection.
    I dont mind hot spotting for a short period if out and about with the Netbook but not at home where I have a very good ,and legal, connection.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 05-03-2010 at 06:32.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Wireless is handy, but it is taking over, I miss good old cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Wireless is handy, but it is taking over, I miss good old cables.

You Luddite.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

#519 Weddings

What happens is that the father of the bride decides that the pleasant country pub they've take gran to for Sunday lunch for the last 25 years would be just the ticket. What isn't bargained for is that most of the happy couple's brothers, sisters and cousins and friends have little experience of licensed premises beyond the It's a Litten Walkabout Tiger Lloyds Scream No1 that they get wrecked in every weekend. So you stop by for an aperitif around 6PM on a Saturday evening to find the place full of obnoxiously pissed twenty year olds in the bar, some more comatose in the garden and several engaged in a noisy relationship breakdown in the car park. The grown-ups meanwhile are holed up in the restaurant wondering if it isn't too early to leave without appearing rude.

You decide that the pub in the next village may be more worthy of investigation this time.
    Last edited by NickDavies; 09-05-2010 at 17:51. Reason: typo

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    #519 Weddings

What happens is that the father of the bride decides that the pleasant country pub they've take gran to for Sunday lunch for the last 25 years would be just the ticket. What isn't bargained for is that most of the happy couple's brothers, sisters and cousins and friends have little experience of licensed premises beyond the It's a Litten Walkabout Tiger Lloyds Scream No1 that they get wrecked in every weekend. So you stop by for an aperitif around 6PM on a Saturday evening to find the place full of obnoxiously pissed twenty year olds in the bar, some more comatose in the garden and several engaged in a noisy relationship breakdown in the car park. The grown-ups meanwhile are holed up in the restaurant wondering if it isn't too early to leave without appearing rude.

You decide that the pub in the next village may be more worthy of investigation this time.
    This all sounds remarkably fresh. Yesterday afternoon possibly?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

#5 Chewing Gum

Someone cant be bothered to find a bin to put their gum in or wrap it up for later disposal so kindly leaves it somewhere for someone else to find (just as a for instance under the bar ). Persons finding it later will of course be glad for the sticky warm surprise on their fingertips, or possibly annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    #5 Chewing Gum

Someone cant be bothered to find a bin to put their gum in or wrap it up for later disposal so kindly leaves it somewhere for someone else to find (just as a for instance under the bar ). Persons finding it later will of course be glad for the sticky warm surprise on their fingertips, or possibly annoyed.
    Did it happened to you today, Conrad?
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Former Pubs Galore Coder

The only mar on a very nice lunch.