Ads not shown when logged in
Page 36 of 66 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

This Space For Hire

Pubs with walls adorned with pumpclips of previous beers that you would love to drink only to find that todays choice is pedigree -landlord or bombardier .Beers you can find any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Pubs with walls adorned with pumpclips of previous beers that you would love to drink only to find that todays choice is pedigree -landlord or bombardier .Beers you can find any day of the week.
    Annoying
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    What I find more annoying than that is to come across a new beer and it's served in rubbish condition. When that happens and I coma across it again it's still a new beer to me!

Glass Half Full

Pub annoyances #835 onwards

People saving seats for non-existant friends who never seem intent on turning up

Your own friends arriving and deciding that you should move to another table over the other side of the pub just as you are happily settled where you weere in the first place

tables marked 'reserved' but not taken up, or reserved early for people not due for hours later

Glass collectors who think if the glass is half full it’s completely empty and try to take it away (succeeding if you blink)

People crowding round the bar though with no desire for service, obstructing those who want to actually buy stuff

People who mew that the music in a pub is too loud even when the strains of John Denver’s Leaving On A Jet Plane are barely audible at all

People who seem more concerned about a pub’s loos than the quality of the beer and service.

Bar staff who serve food then pop over every two minutes to ask condescendingly if you are happy with it, as if hoping and checking you haven’t noticed the mistake chef made with it yet

Pubs where they bring food then expect you to go and ferret out your own cutlery from a table hidden under a stairwell at the other end of the pub

Pub food that comes with little sasches of sauce, salt, pepper etc, rather than in decent bottles or jars

Someone who won’t go to a pub you hope to visit because they once served him a crap pint there about thirty years before

Pubs where some annoying, drunken and even blatantly obviously out of control threatening buffoon is ignored by the bar staff despite numerous complaints by the customers

Pubs claiming to be running a beer festival, which means one more cask ale than usual for a few weeks (which has usually run out when you arrive) and usually a list of beers their other branches ‘might’ be selling if you are willing to travel 60 miles plus to take a chance on finding out.

Pubs offering money off vouchers for your next pint which are just designed to confuse the bar staff who haven’t seen one before and have no idea to make note of the reduced transaction in the till.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurchappell View Post
    Pubs where some annoying, drunken and even blatantly obviously out of control threatening buffoon is ignored by the bar staff despite numerous complaints by the customers .
    Have you been following me around??

Glass Half Full

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    Have you been following me around??
    Lol!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arthurchappell View Post
    Pub annoyances #835 onwards
    Gosh you've had an unlucky run there ac, :0|
    All valid though, except, I think, the sachets - I usually prefer these as being rather more hygenic than the gunked up offerings from a communal jar, urgghh.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Gosh you've had an unlucky run there ac, :0|
    All valid though, except, I think, the sachets - I usually prefer these as being rather more hygenic than the gunked up offerings from a communal jar, urgghh.
    Agree fully, I do worry sometimes when presented with a little ramekin of tartare sauce or mustard as to what happens with the leftover portion, does it get binned or simply topped up and pushed out again?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    Agree fully, I do worry sometimes when presented with a little ramekin of tartare sauce or mustard as to what happens with the leftover portion, does it get binned or simply topped up and pushed out again?
    I prefer the sealed sachets, ever since I saw some French tourists dip their knives into pots of mustard, licked to taste them, then tried other sauces in same manner
    I drink to make others more interesting

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    I prefer the sealed sachets, ever since I saw some French tourists dip their knives into pots of mustard, licked to taste them, then tried other sauces in same manner
    Hmm, bit off topic but similar concerns with the pickles in the Indian when you have a few poppadoms.