Ads not shown when logged in
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    My second AZ last Sunday and nothing for either. But a friend (52) felt nothing after her first Pfizer, but after her second a few days ago, was taken to St. Mary's Hospital to have fluid drained from her lungs before being taken to the haematology ward at Hammersmith hospital with haemolysis (had to look that one up) where she is now.

A pre-jab drink here. 'Arms' has been removed, but you get the pun.
    Jab effects seem to be pot luck.

Been to The Baring (Arms) twice and thought it was a half decent boozer, is it still?
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Two AZs and 4 pints of Fine Tuned after each seemed to work OK.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Jab effects seem to be pot luck.

Been to The Baring (Arms) twice and thought it was a half decent boozer, is it still?
    My one visit and it appeared to be going downhill and PSM seems to have had the same opinion. It was renamed The Poet now back to the Baring. I walked past it a couple of weeks ago and it has reverted back to The Baring but appears to have been hipsterfied, which is no surprise. I may go back, but as things stand I far prefer The Rosemary Branch next door.

This Space For Hire

Card payments in general.Got charged for a £4 half of craft beer that my mate had ordered.Dont mind buying him it but it was put on my tab instead of his .In the next pub noticed when I tapped for payment it said £5.60 rather than the £4.60 price.Barman gave me a £1 out of the till but you have got to be carefull.

Glass Half Full

There's also the RESERVED table with no RESERVED card on it. You are told to vacate the seat / table even though the people reserving it are not coming for several hours and it would be easy to just move when they arrive if there are not many of you. Often the people making the reservation don't turn up at all.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by arthurchappell View Post
    There's also the RESERVED table with no RESERVED card on it. You are told to vacate the seat / table even though the people reserving it are not coming for several hours and it would be easy to just move when they arrive if there are not many of you. Often the people making the reservation don't turn up at all.
    Yup. This is quite so: the RESERVED card which won't allow you to occupy the seat, even when they won't arrive for hours, if indeed they do turn up at all; this is all the more insulting when those turning up are only doing so for drinks. Where this is practiced, it's a general rule with me that I shan't be making a return visit.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurchappell View Post
    Yup. This is quite so: the RESERVED card which won't allow you to occupy the seat, even when they won't arrive for hours, if indeed they do turn up at all; this is all the more insulting when those turning up are only doing so for drinks. Where this is practiced, it's a general rule with me that I shan't be making a return visit.
    It's quite possible to operate the pub without making customers feel unwelcome. Sometimes people working in customer facing businesses forget that without customers you have no business. In the Fleece Inn at Haworth the other day, RESERVED signs with a time written on were being placed on tables, with the bar staff specifically telling people that they were ok to continue sitting there for the next hour or two.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    RESERVED signs with a time written on were being placed on tables, with the bar staff specifically telling people that they were ok to continue sitting there for the next hour or two.
    Yes. I too have seen this and I don't condone it but it's certainly better than the places I've visited which have no time slot written (I think this may be quite new) and staff won't let you sit, even if the person it's reserved for won't be arriving for hours. And then there are the RESERVED tables where there's a no-show.
    Last edited by Tris39; 06-08-2021 at 19:11.

Yes. I too have seen this and I don't condone it but it's certainly better than the places I've visited which have no time slot written (I think this may be quite new) and staff won't let you sit, even if the person it's reserved for won't be arriving for hours.
    I've found this quite often (and not just recently), but - and I'm tempting fate here - a sensible chat usually resolves the issue quickly in my experience.

Yes. I too have seen this and I don't condone it but it's certainly better than the places I've visited which have no time slot written (I think this may be quite new) and staff won't let you sit, even if the person it's reserved for won't be arriving for hours. And then there are the RESERVED tables where there's a no-show.
    They use the excuse that they have to sanitise the table between customers. That takes as much as 30 seconds in some places.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.