Ads not shown when logged in
Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    OK, if we are bringing this thread up to date, aside from pubs failing to be open when expected, my current greatest gripe is the pointless one-way system. Yes, it might look good to have something on your Covid policy document but actually making me walk 15 yards round seven other tables of people, instead of two yards to the table I was heading for, is rather counterproductive in terms of distributing potential virus particles around the other customers, especially compared to, err, the vague possibility of meeting someone face to face.
    Try not to cough while doing this!

The one way system in my pub-of-the-day today took me out through a narrow passageway where three smokers were huddling to keep out of the rain. Thanks, guys! Two out of the three work together, as they explained to me when I saw them at the table beforehand sharing a taste of their extreme strength beers. But one of them had to ask the third person in the smoking shelter what their name was. I didn't ask their vaccination status, but I'd be very surprised if any of them are old enough to have had their first jabs.
    Come On You Hatters!

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=sheffield hatter;116367 I didn't ask their vaccination status, but I'd be very surprised if any of them are old enough to have had their first jabs.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, I assume most regulars here have had their second jab?

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    Speaking of which, I assume most regulars here have had their second jab?
    Next week me. When I booked both jabs in late Feb the second was the full 12 weeks away. Lots of people ten years younger, in their early 50s, have already had theirs.

Not that I'm that bothered, maybe one or two things I'd avoid for another couple of weeks, like getting on a bus full of Bolton school kids - but with the case rate in our area down to low double figures there's little to get excited about.

This Space For Hire

Oh and another annoyance that's found its way from restaurants to pubs: Getting The Bill At The End.

A pleasant couple of hours in an M&B branch this afternoon, the waitresses very keen to keep the beer flowing. Until it was time to go and naturally they all went missing, five minutes to get the bill and another five for the custodian of the card machine to appear.

Real Ale Drinker

2nd jab today at The Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand, Anfield then off to test the 'vaccine and alcohol mix'.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    2nd jab today at The Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand, Anfield then off to test the 'vaccine and alcohol mix'.
    I managed to miss my 2nd jab appointment earlier this month, so rearranged for tomorrow and will be straight down the boozer afterwards.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    I managed to miss my 2nd jab appointment earlier this month, so rearranged for tomorrow and will be straight down the boozer afterwards.
    Just had my second!

Just had my second!
    Now stabbed.
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyduck View Post
    Now stabbed.
    Yes. This second one hurt a bit. I suppose the needle must be getting a bit blunt by now.

Yes. This second one hurt a bit. I suppose the needle must be getting a bit blunt by now.
    Didn't stop me lifting a couple of pints or three after.
    -W.C.Fields