Ads not shown when logged in
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

We're not the only ones looking out for pub annoyances, http://usvsth3m.com/post/63087392700...uld-be-legally I might share the sentiment in the headline for some the grosser transgressions we have identified.

Interesting to get the perspective from the other side of the counter. But I do get the feeling that they have forgotten that it is the customer who is paying their wages and (for example) might be excused for wanting to listen to the music they're paying for. But all a bit tongue in cheek I think.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    Interesting to get the perspective from the other side of the counter. But I do get the feeling that they have forgotten that it is the customer who is paying their wages and (for example) might be excused for wanting to listen to the music they're paying for. But all a bit tongue in cheek I think.
    Ah Juke Box Wars. I still remember an incident years ago when we went in a pub where we deemed the music to be far too loud and unpleasant. Ten consecutive plays of "Tell Laura I Love Her" soon got the thing turned down. I think we moved on to the next port of call without waiting to see if they turned it up again.

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Ah Juke Box Wars. I still remember an incident years ago when we went in a pub where we deemed the music to be far too loud and unpleasant. Ten consecutive plays of "Tell Laura I Love Her" soon got the thing turned down. I think we moved on to the next port of call without waiting to see if they turned it up again.
    On a technically similar theme, although not wishing to cause any division, myself and my football mates pitched up in a definitely Irish nationalist pub near Paddington late one Saturday night. My Northern Irish mate stuck a Dana song on the juke box, explaining beforehand it might make things "interesting". It certainly did, mayhem ensued as they tried unsuccessfully thank God to find who had put it on, finally the thing was turned off. My mate's "humour" is disputable at times.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Urinals at the wrong height , to low and you get wet knees from the splashback and the one i used to day far to high , i had to stand on tip - toes to use it and i am well over 6 foot tall , maybe they lend the short arses an old crate to stand on
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    Urinals at the wrong height , to low and you get wet knees from the splashback and the one i used to day far to high , i had to stand on tip - toes to use it and i am well over 6 foot tall , maybe they lend the short arses an old crate to stand on
    I usually manage, but water can be a bit cold
    I drink to make others more interesting

Well lookee here: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...zers-get-wrong

Also, where has our living index of annoyances gone? I can't find it.
    Last edited by Quinno; 18-10-2013 at 14:27.

Bumped.
    Last edited by Rex_Rattus; 02-11-2014 at 15:20. Reason: Bumped

Not sure if has been mentioned but definitely worthy: person / people in front of you order a large round of Guinness which is the slowest beer to serve. Also there just happens to be the most inept barstaff on who can't pour a pint of the stuff quickly without it frothing over the top of the glass, resulting in repeated top-ups of the pints. Meanwhile bar queue slowly builds up around you.

#206 - change that gets given to you on a little tray

#433 - pubs with no trays to carry beer out on. "Yes mate, that's four pints, two glasses of wine and coke. Tray? Well you should have got other people to help you carry your round. Well it's not my fault they're all pensioners is it?!?"