Ads not shown when logged in
Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast

Thread: Pub annoyances #834

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    I think some staff just shut early due to lack of customers which is just plain rude. What I've also seen recently are pubs that don't seem to understand licencing rules, ringing the bell at 22.00 on a weekday then shutting the bar at 22.20.
    Yep, but this guy specified that they only serve until 22:30 and clear the pub by 23:00...
    Wouldn't have been so bothered but had paid a cab and was near closing without another target pub nearby, although noted next day we may have reached Barley Mow in 8mins. Had our hostile freebie and ended up in long bar!

This Space For Hire

#300 Being expected to want to swig a bottle of beer from the bottle.

These days the other half has to stick to 0% stuff. And 90% of the time a bottle is put on the counter in the expectation it will be drunk by the neck. Why do most bar staff reckon an obviously disabled 60-something woman wouldn't want a glass for their drink?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    #300 Being expected to want to swig a bottle of beer from the bottle.

Why do most bar staff reckon an obviously disabled 60-something woman wouldn't want a glass for their drink?
    Or anyone else for that matter.
    'Beer is for all day, not just for breakfast'.

One from Mudgie:

Pubs that put the wi-fi password on a small notice in an obscure place which, when you ask for it, is pointed out to you as though it’s totally obvious.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    One from Mudgie:

Pubs that put the wi-fi password on a small notice in an obscure place which, when you ask for it, is pointed out to you as though it’s totally obvious.
    ...and then once you've correctly typed in the code ten times but are still denied access.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post
    ...and then once you've correctly typed in the code ten times but are still denied access.
    Happens so many times.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Yesterday my partner and I, went to a pub we haven't visited in ages. Oringinally we intended to only have drinks there, but we decided to have a meal. We were sitting at the perfect table for dining, but we decided to move somewhere else - big mistake.
    We moved to the back room of the pub, no one else was sitting there. We ordered our food. The other table became occupied by a group of people with yapping, whining dogs. Our food came, but the experience was ruined by the dogs. After we had finished eating, we went into the beer garden, where we encountered more customers with dogs. At least they were well behaved, the dogs were behaved well too!
    Last edited by Lady Grey; 19-11-2023 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    ...the dogs behaved well too!
    Too often it's not the case, with dogs running around like bored kids, or begging for food.

I was sitting in a pub the other day when a dog sidled up the bench to sit next to me. Her human connections called her back, but she did it again two or three times. I think she was hoping to be kidnapped.
    Come On You Hatters!

I guess pubs are trying anything and everything, to pull in the customers. I know certain pubs have always allowed dogs on their premises, but it recent times it has become excessive.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
    I guess pubs are trying anything and everything, to pull in the customers. I know certain pubs have always allowed dogs on their premises, but it recent times it has become excessive.
    The Fox and Goose in Hebden Bridge can be like an obstacle course.