Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
OK, if we are bringing this thread up to date, aside from pubs failing to be open when expected, my current greatest gripe is the pointless one-way system. Yes, it might look good to have something on your Covid policy document but actually making me walk 15 yards round seven other tables of people, instead of two yards to the table I was heading for, is rather counterproductive in terms of distributing potential virus particles around the other customers, especially compared to, err, the vague possibility of meeting someone face to face.
Try not to cough while doing this!

The one way system in my pub-of-the-day today took me out through a narrow passageway where three smokers were huddling to keep out of the rain. Thanks, guys! Two out of the three work together, as they explained to me when I saw them at the table beforehand sharing a taste of their extreme strength beers. But one of them had to ask the third person in the smoking shelter what their name was. I didn't ask their vaccination status, but I'd be very surprised if any of them are old enough to have had their first jabs.