Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer of the Week (w/e 7 Feb 2010)

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Yes, I was there - had a very enjoyable evening.

I'd normally agree with you about the APA, but Croydon seems to have been flooded with it recently, so I didn't try it last night. My favorite was the Bazens Black Pig Mild, although I thought the Pictish Brewers Gold and Westerham Puddledock Porter were pretty good too. Apparently the best seller of the night was the Blue Monkey BG Sips.
    I had a taster of the BG Sips (haha), but thought it seemed slightly sweet? Maybe the tastebuds were still waking up. Forgot about the Westerham Puddledock Porter! Not a big mild/stout/porter drinker but try the odd half now & then, & such a name certainly deserved at least that.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    I'm not biting. My BOTW of the week is, without doubt........wait for it...Exmoor Beast. With Cotleigh Buzzard and Ringwood Porter filling the minor places
    I noticed that Croydon's George is expecting the Beast on tap next week rd, at £1.89; yes Hoppy, it's a jdw, & I must say the choice has been rather good the last few times I've passed thru.
    Last edited by trainman; 05-02-2010 at 16:43. Reason: wow! I edited that 4 times for typos, and I ain't had a drink today!

Cotleigh's Buzzard was on sale on Wednesday at Silk Kite and ran out by the end of the evening. Reason? it was £1.29 per pint! Lucky I drank one pint and tasted bloody lovely!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I noticed that Croydon's George is expecting the Beast on tap next week rd, at £1.89; yes Hoppy, it's a jdw.
    Get to the Nightjar, Hops, old son, and you'll pay 10p more. If you're not quick though, it'll be gone as I'll be back there about half of seven. Damn, I'm back to the inflatable Jerri... again...Woman gets everywhere, well bits of her do.
    I know, back to the shower..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Damn, I'm back to the inflatable Jerri... again...Woman gets everywhere, well bits of her do.
    Summat just went whistling over my head, but I really have no idea what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Have you heard the W.C. Fields gem? 'I never drink water, fish f**k in it'.

I was told Wales produce 9 gallons of semen *ahem* at a time, so to speak, but only 1 gallon hits the target. That's why the sea is so salty...

2 weeks left *sighs*

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Summat just went whistling over my head, but I really have no idea what it was.
    Don't panic Mr Railwayman, another thread, a while back. Just checking Conrad's recall mechanism...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I have to admit I am too busy here trying not to tease Ed about his spelling of whales. I think he is getting all excited about the impending six nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I have to admit I am too busy here trying not to tease Ed about his spelling of whales. I think he is getting all excited about the impending six nations.
    All I've got to do is decide to watch in the pub, or at home. The Nightjar's showing them all and we'll even be able to hear it, if we sit close. England v Whales and Beast on tap...That's it I've made me mind up...Bring on the Beast..........

Bollox, that's what a weeks supply of 10 hour days split shifts do.

Last time I post at midnight, sober or otherwise!

Come on the Whales!

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Well for me its either Salopian Hop Twister or Coastal Highway Star , not much between them , so the vote goes to Salopian Hop Twister as the barmaid in the Compasses had the best legs