Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 'craft beer' pub to open in London

Default New 'craft beer' pub to open in London

If you've read the latest issue of London Drinker, you may have already seen the advert for this place, which says they will be ’bringing the finest cask ales and exclusive imported beers from around the world to Clerkenwell’

http://thecraftbeerco.com/

I believe this is a new venture from the owners of the Cask Pub and Kitchen. One to keep an eye on.

A few more details have emerged about this place. It is going to be located in this former Greene King pub: The Clock House which is situated roughly halfway between the Gunmakers and Ye Olde Mitre.

They will have 16 cask and 21 keg beers on, including lots of brews made especially for the pub. There will be a bottled range in excess of 300 different bottled beers.

On opening night, which is rumoured to be some time next month, they are hoping to have 36 new, never before seen in Britain, beers on.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    A few more details have emerged about this place. It is going to be located in this former Greene King pub: The Clock House...On opening night, which is rumoured to be some time next month, they are hoping to have 36 new, never before seen in Britain, beers on.
    Sounds like the perfect night to visit The Harp.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Sounds like great news.Together with the BrewDog opening,looks like exciting times ahead.Im getting thirsty already

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Opening night now confirmed as Wednesday 29th June. Has anybody here followed the link for an opening night invite??
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

This Space For Hire

It's a clear sign that good pubs are following the market. Boring bars are closing left, right and centre, and that's good. Creative destruction. Good pubs are opening up and serving a combination of excellent cask-conditioned ales and interesting keg brews that a few years ago would not be popular. I thnk we are in a golden age of beer-drinking.

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    It's a clear sign that good pubs are following the market. Boring bars are closing left, right and centre, and that's good. Creative destruction. Good pubs are opening up and serving a combination of excellent cask-conditioned ales and interesting keg brews that a few years ago would not be popular. I thnk we are in a golden age of beer-drinking.
    When i visited this pub it was a Greene King tied house and had their wonderfull IPA on the bar what a sad loss that i car'nt drink IPA or Abbot in this pub again.

This was a proper market pub with market traders and down to earth people drinking in it, no doubt the pub will now be full of beer tickers and similar people who visit these types of pubs.

A sad loss of a proper pub in my opinion.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al 10000 View Post
    no doubt the pub will now be full of beer tickers and similar people who visit these types of pubs
    Some of whom visit these very pages from time to time...
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Opening night now confirmed as Wednesday 29th June. Has anybody here followed the link for an opening night invite??
    I followed the link but no invite so far,maybe I've been sussed as a beer ticker

Thanks for the opening date,I will certainly be popping in over the next few months.If this turns out to be as good as their other pub ,The CASK in Pimlico, this sould be a winner.

If it's anything like the Cask, it will take a few months to find it's feet, so I'm in no real rush to visit yet.