Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool PG meet up

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I've been doing a bit of research and as things stand, this is a sample of my rough intentions...

Thursday will be selected from Thomas Rigbys, Baltic Fleet, Brewery Tap, Pater Kavanaghs, Caledonia, Belvedere, Ye Crack, The Pilgrim, The Grapes, Fly In The Loaf, Philharmoonic, Roscoe Head, Dispensary and the Swan. I may need to whittle a couple off the list as it's a bit of a trawl even by my standards!

Friday I'm looking at Lime Kiln (brekky!), Richard John Blackler (Whilst waiting fo everything else to open!), Dr Duncans, Ship & Mitre, Poste House, Vernon Arms, Lion, Hole In The Wall, Thoms Rigby's, Grapes, White Star, Globe and Crow. Again I may delete a couple or do a bit of juggling but that is a rough guide.
    That's one hell of a list Roger and enough to whet anyone's appetite. I really don't think I can miss out on this so I've arranged some time off, burned some hotel loyalty points and booked my train tickets. All being well I should be available around 4pm on the Thursday for the 'warm up' session.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

Looking forward to meeting faces old and new for this Scouse Extravaganza.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    That's one hell of a list Roger and enough to whet anyone's appetite. I really don't think I can miss out on this so I've arranged some time off, burned some hotel loyalty points and booked my train tickets. All being well I should be available around 4pm on the Thursday for the 'warm up' session.

I'll PM you my mobile number.

Looking forward to meeting faces old and new for this Scouse Extravaganza.
    It's a bit daunting - I will need to knock a few off I think so will revisit it over the weekend. The scary thing is I have a long session in Tonbridge on the Saturday so I reckon that I will clock up at least 30 new pubs in 3 days!

The scary thing is I have a long session in Tonbridge on the Saturday
    Blimey! You'll be visiting some curious specimens then...

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Blimey! You'll be visiting some curious specimens then...
    Yes - I'm aware of that. At the time I booked the Liverpool trip Spurs were home to Moan Utd on the Saturday hence my Thu-Fri outing. The game has now been put back to Sunday so I could have stayed in Scouseland for a further day! Since I am incapable of doing a Saturday without footie, it's Tonbridge Angels v Dartford - new ground, new town, new pubs. I'll take everything as I find it. I'm not expecting miracles but I've probably done worse!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Hi all

I am sorry to say i will be missing on Friday. I have had a cold, which has now turned into a chest problem and a full day will be a little too much i feel. I shall see you later in the year at the next gathering.
    MILD:

This Space For Hire Real Ale Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Hi all

I am sorry to say i will be missing on Friday. I have had a cold, which has now turned into a chest problem and a full day will be a little too much i feel. I shall see you later in the year at the next gathering.
    That's a real shame Soup - had a nice collection of milds lined up for you (and a few pork pies)!!

See you on the next outing!

I've been doing a bit of research and as things stand, this is a sample of my rough intentions...

Thursday will be selected from Thomas Rigbys, Baltic Fleet, Brewery Tap, Pater Kavanaghs, Caledonia, Belvedere, Ye Crack, The Pilgrim, The Grapes, Fly In The Loaf, Philharmoonic, Roscoe Head, Dispensary and the Swan. I may need to whittle a couple off the list as it's a bit of a trawl even by my standards!
    If you're going to whittle this down I'd say you could lose Thomas Rigbys, Belvedere, The Pilgrim and Caledonia. Maybe the Brewery Tap as well as we'll be having plenty of Cains in Dr Duncans on Friday.

If you've not done them before then I'd say the must visits are the Baltic Fleet, Swan, Dispensary, Fly and the Philly. I think Ye Crack and Roscoe head are in the vicinity of the latter of those. Must try and find my old Liverpool Pubs Passport before I leave.

Looking forward to a few beers - then maybe a few more....

Just told a mate that I'm going to Liverpool and he sent me this link saying it might help with the translation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vbgyO7YbOk
    Last edited by Millay; 01-03-2012 at 08:43.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Hi all

Like Soupy, I'm going to have to pass on this one, because of family commitments. Have some for me and I'll look forward to a few tales in the de-brief!

Enjoy.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    If you've not done them before then I'd say the must visits are the Baltic Fleet, Swan, Dispensary, Fly and the Philly. I think Ye Crack and Roscoe head are in the vicinity of the latter of those. Must try and find my old Liverpool Pubs Passport before I leave.
    Cheers - I'll ensure they get top priority. I'm on the train now - eta 13.15. Can't check in 'til 3 so will do the most local ones to my accommodation first. Might even kick off with a 'Spoons curry!

Cheers - I'll ensure they get top priority. I'm on the train now - eta 13.15. Can't check in 'til 3 so will do the most local ones to my accommodation first. Might even kick off with a 'Spoons curry!
    which are your local ones Roger. I could be around soon after 3.00. I'm staying in Chapel st near the Dale sf pubs.