Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool PG meet up

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I should be ok, but i can't check if i am working until the 2012 diary is out for leave etc. Will check and swop ASAP.
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Can I suggest the route goes from Dr D's, along Dale St (Ship, Vernon, Rigbys, Hole in the Wall(?) ) with side trips off to the Lion and the Poste House then through the Cavern Quarter (White Star) ending up at the Globe/Crown with the option of a trip down to the Baltic from the Cavern Quarter - time allowing. Meeting in the Head of Steam rather than the Crown.

An alternative crawl is the Dispensary, Roscoe, Fly and Philly also taking in the Belvedere, Cracke, Grapes (Knight St), Pilgrim(!), and Swan. The Caledonia has supposedly picked up as well and those who fancy it could trek out to Peter Kavanaghs. Meeting in the Crown or just for the interior The Vines (The Big House).
    If I had to state a preference it would be the alternative crawl simply because it would be re-visiting some of the pubs I went to in my student days, half my life ago, and I'd be interested to see how they have changed and how I would see them now as a real ale drinker. That's my vote but at de end of der day I'll go with the flow.
    Waes hael!

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ven View Post
    If I had to state a preference it would be the alternative crawl simply because it would be re-visiting some of the pubs I went to in my student days, half my life ago, and I'd be interested to see how they have changed and how I would see them now as a real ale drinker. That's my vote but at de end of der day I'll go with the flow.
    Who is thinking of stopping over and doing both?
    MILD:

All sounds good - will put the date in the diary...

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Looks like i can not make this one at the moment , then again i may be unemployed by March as we have been brought out by a rival company , Special Brew and White Lighting in Stanley Park anyone
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Default Trains Back to London

Advance purchase train tickets for 2 March 2012 have just gone on sale, but as it is a Friday the late afternoon/early evening prices are all rather steep until the 19:48 to Euston which you can get for £17. One might risk waiting for a possible Virgin Trains sale in January, but I doubt whether Megatrain will have anything during the busy pre-weekend period.

NB - I will probably be in Chester on the previous day in case anybody else may be in that area on the Thursday evening.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Just checked Birmingham prices on senior tickets.

£42.80 for us both off peak returns or £39.30 for us both as singles. £32.00 out and £7.30 back, but there is a 7 min change at Nuneaton and if we catch it will get to Birmingham 22.50 so we may opt for the off peak returns without any risk of getting stranded and choice of trains direct back.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    Advance purchase train tickets for 2 March 2012 have just gone on sale, but as it is a Friday the late afternoon/early evening prices are all rather steep until the 19:48 to Euston which you can get for £17. One might risk waiting for a possible Virgin Trains sale in January, but I doubt whether Megatrain will have anything during the busy pre-weekend period.
    £17 is good. May get one of those & take a 'mega'-chance on the outbound.
    The 20:48 is £11.50, but is rather late and takes 48mins longer reaching London.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Just had a look at travelodge. There are some £12 deals so thinking about stopping the night on 2nd March and having another day there on 3rd. It is about 4 miles from centre, but will see if buses are ok.

PS. I have booked into Liverpool Stonedale Park travelodge for 2 MARCH. There are buses from London Rd to the MacDonald with the same postcode.

I have rechecked train times and they are cheaper now than when I last checked. £11.90 for the 2 of us with senior cards on the 9.36 from New St gets in at 11.10 to Lime St.

£11.90 for the 2 of us back on the 19.34 gets to New St 21.19.

Stupid National Rail site has a problem with booking it, so will go to a station for the tickets tomorrow.
    Last edited by gillhalfpint; 29-12-2011 at 23:04.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Looking at getting the 11.07am from Euston on the Thursday (£12), staying overnight at the Britannia Adelphi near Lime Street (£38) and then the 19.48pm on the Friday (£18).