Ads not shown when logged in
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: PuG Reviews - Appreciation Thread

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Komakino View Post
    but have avoided the name drops on those occasions as I appreciate that PuG isn't Heat magazine.
    http://forums.pubsgalore.co.uk/showt...ho-I-met-today ..

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    To cut a long story short can this really be true? Another coincidence is that Bethnal Green was the Kray twins manor and I'm sure people will recall who played them in the film.
    ...can this really be true? - very clever. Martin and Gary Kemp. From Islington.

I'm sure one of the women I saw in the Hertford House Hotel at the start of the year was ex-Eastender Gillian Taylforth. I've also spotted Johnny Vegas, Fiona Bruce, Greg James and Craig Charles in pubs in Shepherd's Bush, Thame, W1 and Windsor respectively over the last few years, but have avoided the name drops on those occasions as I appreciate that PuG isn't Heat magazine.
    I hope she wasn't boogieing with a sausage.

I've spotted too many celebrities over the years to recall them all, though I've seen Vegas in the Union Tavern, WC1. The only ones of interest I've seen were David Soul, Tim Burton, George Best, Pete Cook and an almightily pissed Richard Harris though I suppose Noel Oasis was of some interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris39 View Post

Doesn't Gillian have a nick name? Is it "gobbler" or something?

I've spotted too many celebrities over the years to recall them all, though I've seen Vegas in the Union Tavern, WC1. The only ones of interest I've seen were David Soul, Tim Burton, George Best, Pete Cook and an almightily pissed Richard Harris though I suppose Noel Oasis was of some interest.
    They're mostly dead people, is there something we should know about your non-drinking activities?

Noel Gallagher of Oasis perhaps? although I like Noel Oasis better.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Noel Gallagher famously stopped at a café near where I live, It was all over the local rag.

I used to play darts in the now Sam Smiths outlet the Angel in St Giles. The actor Eamon Boland was a regular there and was actually signed up to our dart team as a reserve. His mate Pete Postlethwaite would turn up on Friday evenings invariably asking the question "Where's the piss up tonight?". He always drank pints of Directors.

This Space For Hire

IIRC She was relieving his pancreatitis. No, I've never heard it called that either.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    They're mostly dead people, is there something we should know about your non-drinking activities?

Noel was in his former Steeles Road local with his bezzie mate and fellow resident, TFI Ginger - this was about 20 years ago.

Another former celeb was Wendy Richard in The Nags Head, summer '88. She ordered a bottle of Champagne, drank a glass and then left. My ex and I snaffled the bottle, which served us well...

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    IIRC She was relieving his pancreatitis. No, I've never heard it called that either.
    The heads-up according to Wiki: Knights and Taylforth had an extensive tabloid media history. In January 1994, Taylforth was involved in a high-profile court case when she sued The Sun newspaper for libel after they ran a story claiming she and Knights had performed sexual acts on a slip road on the A1 in their Range Rover. Taylforth claimed that her partner had suffered an acute attack of pancreatitis and she was merely massaging his stomach to soothe his abdominal pain; however, a police officer claimed that she was performing fellatio instead. During the court case, The Sun's defence counsel, George Carman QC, entered into evidence a 35-minute home video of Taylforth "suggestively posing with a large sausage [...] graphically simulating masturbation with a wine bottle" and boasting to the camera, "I give very good head". The incident gave rise to the sarcastic term "Taylforth Sausage". The jury returned a 10-2 majority verdict in favour of The Sun, after which Taylforth collapsed and was taken away by an ambulance.

She's from Islington too...

he always drank pints of Directors.
    Ah. The usual suspects.

The heads-up according to Wiki: Knights and Taylforth had an extensive tabloid media history. In January 1994, Taylforth was involved in a high-profile court case when she sued The Sun newspaper for libel after they ran a story claiming she and Knights had performed sexual acts on a slip road on the A1 in their Range Rover. Taylforth claimed that her partner had suffered an acute attack of pancreatitis and she was merely massaging his stomach to soothe his abdominal pain; however, a police officer claimed that she was performing fellatio instead. During the court case, The Sun's defence counsel, George Carman QC, entered into evidence a 35-minute home video of Taylforth "suggestively posing with a large sausage [...] graphically simulating masturbation with a wine bottle" and boasting to the camera, "I give very good head". The incident gave rise to the sarcastic term "Taylforth Sausage". The jury returned a 10-2 majority verdict in favour of The Sun, after which Taylforth collapsed and was taken away by an ambulance.

She's from Islington too...
    I'm pretty sure a version of the Viz "Profanisaurus" published after this event included the entry Taylforth (n) "A roadside fellatrix".
    "Breakneck speed we drown ten pints of bitter"

I'm pretty sure a version of the Viz "Profanisaurus" published after this event included the entry Taylforth (n) "A roadside fellatrix".
    The current 40th anniversary book contains this :-

Taylback n. A traffic jam caused by an ill-timed attack of pancrewatitis in a layby.

This hefty tome has a foreword supposedly by Professor Brian Cox where he describes the book as an insult to,,4 billion years of evolution.

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

The current 40th anniversary book contains this :-

Taylback n. A traffic jam caused by an ill-timed attack of pancrewatitis in a layby.

That's brilliant

BTW she lives quite close to Hertford these days and is often in town.
    "Good people drink good beer" Hunter S Thompson

This Space For Hire

The Salehurst Halt

Steve of N21's observations with regard to One Man and His Dog!