Ads not shown when logged in
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 361 to 368 of 368

Thread: PuG Reviews - Appreciation Thread

  1. #361
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    OK, I need some help here. I'm obviously not on the same wavelength as the guy who wrote this review. Was it his own wife and daughter who wanted him to sort the pub team out because they were being rude to them? Or the other way around. The fact that they soon left "so I cannot comment further" suggests that his wife and daughter had gone to cause havoc elsewhere in Alfreton, leaving him to enjoy a peaceful drink in the King Alfred, but I may have got it wrong. Anyone?
    Come On You Hatters!

  2. #362
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    "I had just scored my two-millionth red arrow on the Daily Mail's comment threads, and so I was in the mood for a modest celebration.". OMG Chequers Inn
    Come On You Hatters!

  3. #363
    This Space For Hire
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    OK, I need some help here. I'm obviously not on the same wavelength as the guy who wrote this review. Was it his own wife and daughter who wanted him to sort the pub team out because they were being rude to them? Or the other way around. The fact that they soon left "so I cannot comment further" suggests that his wife and daughter had gone to cause havoc elsewhere in Alfreton, leaving him to enjoy a peaceful drink in the King Alfred, but I may have got it wrong. Anyone?
    Maybe they wanted him to sort the pasta with bits of chicken in it complained about in 2012.

  4. #364
    On The Road To Somewhere Mobyduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    There abouts
    Posts
    3,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    OK, I need some help here. I'm obviously not on the same wavelength as the guy who wrote this review. Was it his own wife and daughter who wanted him to sort the pub team out because they were being rude to them? Or the other way around. The fact that they soon left "so I cannot comment further" suggests that his wife and daughter had gone to cause havoc elsewhere in Alfreton, leaving him to enjoy a peaceful drink in the King Alfred, but I may have got it wrong. Anyone?
    You got me there.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

  5. #365
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    "I had just scored my two-millionth red arrow on the Daily Mail's comment threads, and so I was in the mood for a modest celebration.". OMG Chequers Inn
    He's obviously the real "Male Online" from Viz.

  6. #366
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    "I had just scored my two-millionth red arrow on the Daily Mail's comment threads, and so I was in the mood for a modest celebration."[/URL]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    He's obviously the real "Male Online" from Viz.
    That quote makes me shudder every time I see it, even though I've no idea what a red arrow might be. (Obviously nothing good.)
    Come On You Hatters!

  7. #367
    This Space For Hire Aqualung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    That quote makes me shudder every time I see it, even though I've no idea what a red arrow might be. (Obviously nothing good.)
    Two million? It might be an obscure joke. If it is I can only assume that you've risen to the bait. If it's not then it's really scary!
    The Male Online has become my favourite VIZ column.

  8. #368
    This Space For Hire sheffield hatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I can only assume that you've risen to the bait.
    Moi?! Shome mishtake shurely.
    Come On You Hatters!

Similar Threads

  1. 1,000th Thread
    By Millay in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 19:46
  2. Beer Review - Cumbrian Beer Appreciation Group November Meal
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 13:11
  3. The Olympics Thread
    By Strongers in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-03-2011, 15:59
  4. Moan of the Day thread
    By Alesonly in forum Chit Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 20:09
  5. Cooking Lager - Tutored Lout Appreciation
    By Blog Tracker in forum Blog Tracker
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-05-2010, 12:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •