Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Pubs open after midnight in Birmingham

Teetotal

Default Pubs open after midnight in Birmingham

I don't hold out much hope for this, but

Does anyone know of any pubs in Birmingham (preferably south birmingham) that open after midnight during the week? I finish work at midnight and usually am desperate for a beer afterwards, the problem is the only pubs that are open late seem to close at twelve! As long as there isn't thumping loud music I don't care what its like, as long as it serves beer!

We love a challenge on this forum (well I do at least). Welcome to the forum - I'm sure one of the admins will introduce themselves before long.

South of Birmingham is a fair sized area. Are you thinking Moseley/King's Heath or further out?

I notice your forum name is a place in Wolverhampton. Are you a Black Country ex-pat?
    Waes hael!

Teetotal

I am indeed a Black Country ex pat!
    I work at Birmingham Uni in Selly Oak and live near Moseley, so anywhere in those general areas would do! I've had a scout around the internet for opening times but to no avail. Unfortunately it seems that everywhere is closing just as I'm leaving work and after dealing with students all evening I could really do with a beer!

When you said no loud music I guessed you were thinking of the Hare and Hounds.

I'm north of Brum so I'm not that familiar with pubs south of the city but Gillhalfpint or Soup Dragon might be able to draw upon their Brum knowledge. I do know a couple of people I can ask though.

Have you trawled through the list of pubs on the main Pubs Galore site? ( Kings Heath , Moseley and Selly Oak ? ) Wetherspoon's are often the likely answer. The JDW Pear Tree in King's Heath (Mon - Wed: 9am to 11.30pm; Thu: 9am to 12am; Fri - Sat: 9am to 1am; Sun: 9am to 12am) stays open later than the Elizabeth of York in Moseley but I suspect not as late as you would like, most days
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 17-11-2011 at 21:57.
    Waes hael!

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We don't really do evenings, but I have asked a nephew if he knows any.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Hi whitmorereans

Sadly, i can't think of anywhere around there that i have been that stays open past 12. The Embers like the Country Girl and Spoons like Lizzy of York will close at 12. The BristolPear is open till 2am on a friday if you check their website (12 in the week).

The Brum Uni bars stay open till 2 don't they - up at Edgbaston though - i know you have students all day - but beer is beer!
    MILD:

Teetotal

Thanks for you replies! Beer is indeed beer but trust me - after a day of dealing with students (as lovely as they are!) I think having a few cans in the park on the way home is preferable!