Visit the The Good Stuff site

Compass are a new one for me – and based on this bottle, I’ll be buying more from the Oxford-based brewer. At 6%abv, this IPA is firmly in the ‘UK-style’ camp; the relatively light amber colour of the beer belies a treasure trove of big, strapping flavours within. There’s plenty of marmalade-tangerine citrus on the nose, and that profile comes through in the sip – after a big, boiled-sweet hit that sits just on the right side of sweetness.
The finish is tartly sweet and juicy; only fleetingly bitter – and very moreish. Unfussy, tasty and richly satisfying, I can certainly recommend it if you’re a fan of Fuller’s Bengal Lancer and English IPA’s of that ilk. Good beer!
Reviewing their website, I must say that I like what Compass are doing; decent, non-generic flavour profiles, hints on food matching and even a couple of recipes. Their (admittedly small – but that’s no bad thing) core range sound delicious, well-thought and executed, and make me want to buy more. Simple as that – good work, guys.

More...