Ads not shown when logged in
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

This Space For Hire

Old Golden Hen is on at Morrisons for £1 a bottle. Hardly the greatest of beers, but at that price...
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Old Golden Hen is on at Morrisons for £1 a bottle. Hardly the greatest of beers, but at that price...
    I think I'll pass anyway.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Thanks for that. I don't usually use Aldi but I called in today and picked up a few bargains !

I am a salmon !!

Landon Beer Factory Hazey (sic) Daze Session IPA 4.6% in our Tesco "to clear".

4 kiddie cans £3.14, strange price, but quite tasty. May only be our store though.

No doubt I'll be told that they don't exist anyway.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Landon Beer Factory Hazey (sic) Daze Session IPA 4.6% in our Tesco "to clear".

4 kiddie cans £3.14, strange price, but quite tasty. May only be our store though.

No doubt I'll be told that they don't exist anyway.
    The brewery exists, but Landon is definitely a made-up place name!

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    The brewery exists, but Landon is definitely a made-up place name!
    It's correct if you speak like a Landoner.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Just Missed the Round

If anyone fancies some crafty cans, Brew by Numbers have a deal with Groupon whereby you can get a mixed box of their goodies - 12 cans for £19 (normal price £35, apparently). It does seem to mention that this is a one-off subscription box, so I suspect that you may be entered into the monthly beer box subscription after receiving the bargain box, so double check and cancel if necessary:

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/brew-by-numbers-1

In other news, Aldi seem to have some new cans in at the moment. Four from their Hop Foundry brand in 400ml format - a strawberry lager, a grapefruit pale ale, an alleged double IPA (but only 6.6%), and finally a stout. Word on the grapevine is that they are pretty dreadful, so may not be a "bargain" but at £1.59 a can I'm willing to try them out of intrigue. I also noticed a couple of cans from their 10 4 Brewing brand (again 440ml, £1.59) that I hadn't seen before (a lager and a New England IPA). Paolo by Williams Brothers seems to be new in Aldi too, a peach pale ale, this time a 330ml can at £1.25.

Finally, worth a mention, though less of a bargain - Marble Brewery of Manchester have brought out a Taster Box that contains 12 different beers for £37. They do free local delivery within certain postcode areas, but also do free national delivery over £35, so this box should attract the free postage option either way. Yes this works out at £3.08 a can, so not bargain basement, but most of the cans are 500ml so better value than the £3-a-can standard offering for 440ml craft in supermarkets.

https://marblebeers.com/shop-home/ta...k-box-12-pack/

Happy drinking!

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    If anyone fancies some crafty cans, Brew by Numbers have a deal with Groupon whereby you can get a mixed box of their goodies - 12 cans for £19 (normal price £35, apparently). It does seem to mention that this is a one-off subscription box, so I suspect that you may be entered into the monthly beer box subscription after receiving the bargain box, so double check and cancel if necessary:

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/brew-by-numbers-1

In other news, Aldi seem to have some new cans in at the moment. Four from their Hop Foundry brand in 400ml format - a strawberry lager, a grapefruit pale ale, an alleged double IPA (but only 6.6%), and finally a stout. Word on the grapevine is that they are pretty dreadful, so may not be a "bargain" but at £1.59 a can I'm willing to try them out of intrigue. I also noticed a couple of cans from their 10 4 Brewing brand (again 440ml, £1.59) that I hadn't seen before (a lager and a New England IPA). Paolo by Williams Brothers seems to be new in Aldi too, a peach pale ale, this time a 330ml can at £1.25.

Finally, worth a mention, though less of a bargain - Marble Brewery of Manchester have brought out a Taster Box that contains 12 different beers for £37. They do free local delivery within certain postcode areas, but also do free national delivery over £35, so this box should attract the free postage option either way. Yes this works out at £3.08 a can, so not bargain basement, but most of the cans are 500ml so better value than the £3-a-can standard offering for 440ml craft in supermarkets.

https://marblebeers.com/shop-home/ta...k-box-12-pack/

Happy drinking!
    The Grapefruit Pale Ale didn't go down too well here.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

There are 4 on that list I would like to try but they are 330 ml cans at £1.49 which is not a great bargain from so-so brewers.