Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Surprisingly, plenty of Old Pec and Snecklifter left in Asda when I called yesterday. Splashed out a bit and squirreled it away from the Mrs. Should get me through the 6Nations!
    I was out shopping in ASDA at Minworth, Near Brum with my Dad..

I spotted Old Pec, Spitfire, Old Speck, Londons Pride, Bishops Finger selling for Quid. Me and my old man just piled on all various of ales in trolley and happily went out with 20 quid worth of boozes!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hopwas View Post
    Me and my old man just piled on all various of ales in trolley and happily went out with 20 quid worth of boozes!
    A man after my own heart hoppy!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Have to wander down to Asda , see what they got , i normally end up with Tribute

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

For you lovers of stronger &/or darker ales, I see that Asda (again) have Brakspear Triple (7.2%) 500ml btls, 3 for £4. Not the most discounted, pricewise, but perhaps the best abv per £ offer there.
    Also summat called Asda Whitechapel Porter (brewed by Sheps), 5.2%, 500ml btls at £1.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

And this evening, I discovered that the local Waitrose are discounting Chimay blue, Sierra Nevada Pale, Fullers Vintage & 1845, plus a few others (some of these at half-price!). While this is clearly good for me in the short term, I fear that this indicates permanent removal of these lines from the shelves once they've sold.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    And this evening, I discovered that the local Waitrose are discounting Chimay blue, Sierra Nevada Pale, Fullers Vintage & 1845, plus a few others (some of these at half-price!). While this is clearly good for me in the short term, I fear that this indicates permanent removal of these lines from the shelves once they've sold.
    Went to our local Waitrose the other week to stock up , around a 100 different bottled ales in stock , the only place i can get Betty Stoggs round here (bottled)
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I finally got Betty Stoggs the other day, Oggy, it was quality - but then all Skinner's stuff is
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Also summat called Asda Whitechapel Porter (brewed by Sheps), 5.2%, 500ml btls at £1.
    Seems it is on permant sale in my local ASDA. Never tried it.
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Asda again; I thought I'd discovered THE bargain when I noticed a ~5.6% porter/stout stylee at 3 for £4 OR just 76p per 500ml bottle. Before I could remember my password the item had disappeared, presumably along with the pricing manager. I have, however, trawled the wine section for the best reductions in our preferred styles (eg £7btls at 3 for a tenner) & placed an order for 21btls wine & 14btls beer (research) for £88. I think that's rather good.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    For you lovers of stronger &/or darker ales, I see that Asda (again) have Brakspear Triple (7.2%) 500ml btls, 3 for £4.
    Sainsbury's (at least, the one by me) currently has Brakspear Triple included in their 2 for £3 offer. Obviously this doesn't match Asda's generosity, but it's still a good deal, as these things go.