Ads not shown when logged in
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Happily my local branch had the full range in last Thursday so I got all the ones I hadn't had plus some old favourites. You can't argue with 15 beers for about £20!

One thing is certain - I don't like "sour" beers. I have tried a couple before and not been keen (One from Brewdog if memory serves). The Passion Killer from 71 brewing was awful - a passion fruit sour - never again!
    I find if you go in on the day they launch the new stock (usually a Thursday I think) you get the best chance of getting everything. They certainly seemed to have everything that was listed in the Lidl mag, though I didn't choose to buy all of them.

Did you get any of the Belgian beers they had a while back? Six in a box for £11.99 and I know of people who pay £6 a bottle for these individually in bars so it is an absolute bargain. They sold out pretty quickly but they do seem to get them in a couple of times a year.

I'm with you on the sour beers. I've tried a few and some are really sour (yuck) and some are just a bit tart (tolerable). Apparently they are meant to be very refreshing but my palate is clearly not sophisticated enough to appreciate that. That said, I did pick up the Passion Killer (Passion Fruit Sour) from the Lidl range, so I must be a glutton for punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I find if you go in on the day they launch the new stock (usually a Thursday I think) you get the best chance of getting everything. They certainly seemed to have everything that was listed in the Lidl mag, though I didn't choose to buy all of them.

Did you get any of the Belgian beers they had a while back? Six in a box for £11.99 and I know of people who pay £6 a bottle for these individually in bars so it is an absolute bargain. They sold out pretty quickly but they do seem to get them in a couple of times a year.

I'm with you on the sour beers. I've tried a few and some are really sour (yuck) and some are just a bit tart (tolerable). Apparently they are meant to be very refreshing but my palate is clearly not sophisticated enough to appreciate that. That said, I did pick up the Passion Killer (Passion Fruit Sour) from the Lidl range, so I must be a glutton for punishment!
    Yes I have had that box in the past. As you say an absolute steal at that price.

Good luck with the Passion Killer - it certainly killed mine!!

Just had the Small Giant - very nice....

I am a salmon !!

Just Missed the Round

Default Wychwood Beers in Lidl

Lidl have a box of twelve Wychwood beers on offer at the moment at £13.99, working out at just under £1.17 a bottle.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/trick-or...aracter/p25706

I think they were on the weekly special buy thing that started last Thursday, so today may be the last day for them in store but my local Lidl had three boxes left last night.

The box appears to contain two bottles each of six different beers, a couple of which I don't recall seeing before.

By comparison, Morrisons currently have a box of six bottles at £9.35 so the Lidl offering looks like a pretty good deal by comparison.

I have had that box before, maybe a couple of years back.
    As you say, a pretty good deal!

I am a salmon !!

Called in my local Lidl this morning and they had Shepherd Neame Double Stout (5.2%) and Wychwood King Goblin (6.6%) at £1.49 a bottle.

Added to the fact that they now sell Proper Job (also £1.49) it made it a worthwhile visit!

I am a salmon !!

Canned beer bargain alert.

Lagunitas 12th Of Never Ale 5.5%. 355ml can at 79p in Home Bargains.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

M&S seem to be selling most of their beers at £5 for 3 at the moment, including their range of Southwold beers specially brewed by guess who, and some crafty-looking tins.
    On leaving the bar, I felt a strong blow to the back of my head. Turning round, I discovered it was the pavement

Just Missed the Round

Not necessarily a bargain alert, but for those who may be interested a new range of beers are in Tesco this week. It's a smaller launch than the two they had last year and seems to consist of a few Brewdog beers including a couple of collaborations. Priced at the usual £3 for a 440ml can with the exception of the Roaster Coaster stout, which is £3.50, presumably due to its strength at 9% ABV.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Not necessarily a bargain alert, but for those who may be interested a new range of beers are in Tesco this week. It's a smaller launch than the two they had last year and seems to consist of a few Brewdog beers including a couple of collaborations. Priced at the usual £3 for a 440ml can with the exception of the Roaster Coaster stout, which is £3.50, presumably due to its strength at 9% ABV.
    I got some Roller Coasters today and thought it was superb. It sounds like it's got a nitrogen widget inside which would add to the cost. By my reckoning it's £4.52 a pint but what's a short pint of Spinach today outside the JDW bubble?

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I got some Roller Coasters today and thought it was superb. It sounds like it's got a nitrogen widget inside which would add to the cost. By my reckoning it's £4.52 a pint but what's a short pint of Spinach today outside the JDW bubble?
    I bought one but haven't tried it yet. I was fortunate in that my local Tesco Extra had the full range, I've heard the Roller Coaster has been difficult to get hold of in some areas.

The Roller Coaster is actually 402ml not 440ml, so I think that makes it £4.95 a pint. But then it is 9%, and you could probably pay that for a third of a pint of something equivalent in many pubs and bars.

There is indeed a widget, which accounts for there only being 402ml in what appears to be a 440ml can at first glance.

I'm quite looking forward to trying it.