Ads not shown when logged in
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Default Aldi Summer Beer Festival.

From today, Aldi are knocking out sixteen different bottled beers, all at £1.29 for 500ml. Some are are a little ho-hum, but included amongst them is Oakham Inferno, which I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for. Of course, with it being Aldi, it may be that all the beers won't be available at any one time, so a phone call might save you an unnecessary journey. For what it's worth, the full list is:

Great Corby - Session IPA.
    Brown Bear - IPA.
    Elgoods - Cambridge IPA.
    Robinsons - Unicorn.
    Moorhouses - Pride of Pendle.
    Oakham - Inferno.
    Wells - Waggle Dance.
    Brains - Rev James Gold.
    Wychwood - Dryneck.
    Cotleigh - IPA.
    Hall & Woodhouse - Badger England's Own.
    Arundel - Wild Heaven.
    Butcombe - Rare Breed.
    Box Steam - Golden Bolt.
    Hepworth - Sussex Ale.
    Shepherd Neame - Canterbury Jack.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

[QUOTE=aleandhearty;87347]From today, Aldi are knocking out sixteen different bottled beers, all at

May be a different selection in some parts of the country .No Oakham in Aldi Kingston but got 4 bottles of Marstons -Old Empire 5.6 for £1.29 each. cheers for that info.Yes they were all drank last night.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    May be a different selection in some parts of the country .No Oakham in Aldi Kingston but got 4 bottles of Marstons -Old Empire 5.6 for £1.29 each. cheers for that info.Yes they were all drank last night.
    I got the info from an Aldi leaflet, which would suggest it's a national list. If memory serves me well, I think the Old Empire may be one of their (semi?) regular beers. In either case, four in one go sounds like a good night to me! I was lucky enough to find some Inferno in my local store and also took a punt on a couple of others. The Great Corby Session IPA I found pretty dull, but the Arundel Wild Heaven, a 5.2% APA, was a very pleasant surprise. Will try and get a few more of those.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I got the info from an Aldi leaflet, which would suggest it's a national list. If memory serves me well, I think the Old Empire may be one of their (semi?) regular beers. In either case, four in one go sounds like a good night to me! I was lucky enough to find some Inferno in my local store and also took a punt on a couple of others. The Great Corby Session IPA I found pretty dull, but the Arundel Wild Heaven, a 5.2% APA, was a very pleasant surprise. Will try and get a few more of those.
    If its just started I probably jumped the gun.They will have to get rid of the old stock first.Had a pint of Inferno and Citra last night and it cost me £7.90.

Default Brewdog in Tesco

I don't know if this is happening nationally but my local one is doing special offer canned packs of 4 Punk IPA for £4.50 and Elvis Juice for £5.00. They also have the green cans cheap but I never bother with them. That's under two quid a pint for Punk and £2.15 a pint for Elvis Juice.
    Last edited by Aqualung; 11-08-2017 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I don't know if this is happening nationally but my local one is doing special offer canned packs of 4 Punk IPA for £4.50 and Elvis Juice for £5.00. They also have he green cans cheap but I never bother with them. That's under two quid a pint for Punk and £2.15 a pint for Elvis Juice.
    A bargain, I like the green ones well.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

Not so much a bottled beer bargain, more just to register a delightful visit to the Tanners Wines shop in Bridgnorth yesterday. Attracted by their window display of local bottled beers, I wandered inside. Having thought I might buy one or two (I was cycling, with limited space in my pannier), I found myself within two minutes clutching no less than five bottles as follows:

Enville Gothic Ale 5.2% £2.25
    Bewdley Brewery Bah Humbug 4.6% £2.00
    Hobsons's Brewery Postman's Knock (rich ruby porter) 4.8% £2.25
    Hobsons's Brewery Postman's Plum Porter 5.0% £2.35
    Bewdley Brewery William Mucklow's Dark Mild 6.0% £2.70

I had to stop, as there was literally no way I could carry any more. No doubt there were also plenty of beers in different styles, but I didn't dare to look any further. Back home, I'm now looking forward to some yummy winter drinking.
    Come On You Hatters!

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    I'm now looking forward to some yummy winter drinking.
    You haven't already consumed them?? What's going on????
    Did you get to the new Holden's pub in Bridgnorth?

Did you get to the new Holden's pub in Bridgnorth?
    Do you mean The Golden Lion? No, I wish I'd known about it but I didn't do any research before going there. It was a last minute trip to Ironbridge and I thought I might as well have a look at Bridgnorth while I was there as it's a town I've never been to before. I hope to return before long. (I've now posted reviews of the three pubs I did there, plus one in Worfield beforehand and one in Broseley after. Also went to four in the Ironbridge area but haven't reviewed them yet.)

You haven't already consumed them?? What's going on????
    It's called having your beer and drinking it! In other words, I'm enjoying the prospect of getting around to drinking them some day. Then I'll enjoy the beers.
    Come On You Hatters!

Just called in my local Tesco and there are a load of beers with "reduced to clear" under them. I didn't have a lot of time so I just grabbed 3 - there were at least 10 beers on offer. I had:

Fullers ESB - £1.14
    Tesco own IPA - 85p
    St Austell Black IPA - £1.20

Not sure if its only my local store but worth a look!

Del.

I am a salmon !!