Ads not shown when logged in
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Lidl have self styled beer festival from Thursday 11 July 2013.
    Most around £1.25ish a 500ml bottle, includes English, Welsh, Scottish as well as foreign stuff, and even some lager

No doubt Google will help out here
    I drink to make others more interesting

This Space For Hire

Beers of Europe have a bottle of beer from T0-ol brewery from Denmark called Mine is Bigger than Yours xxxl. Its 15 litres and costs £1995.00.They only have one and wont deliver(would you trust Parcelforce ).The rumours that Tesco are going to sell them 4 for the price of 3 are untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Beers of Europe have a bottle of beer from T0-ol brewery from Denmark called Mine is Bigger than Yours xxxl. Its 15 litres and costs £1995.00.They only have one and wont deliver(would you trust Parcelforce ).The rumours that Tesco are going to sell them 4 for the price of 3 are untrue.
    Is their an option to provide one or more in-store 4 Pint Glasses or buckets? I'm guessing a few funnels might be handy as well.

Morrisons have introduced a new range of beers under the M Signature banner. They are brewed by Everards, Marstons, Black Sheep and one who I've forgotten. They are at a "trial price" of £1.50 a 500ml bottle. I picked up a Marstons IPA (5.8%) and Everards Dark Ale (5.0%) today. It looks like the full price will be £1.99 which would mean they aren't eligible for multibuy.

from the twittersphere:

Tesco Finest Traditional Porter (Harviestoun Old Engine Oil) only £1 a bottle at the moment

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    from the twittersphere:

Tesco Finest Traditional Porter (Harviestoun Old Engine Oil) only £1 a bottle at the moment
    Never had the pleasure in its bottled form, but on draught it's a nice drop. Worth a punt at that price.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

13Nov-02Dec, so starting tmw, a good range of 4 for £5 at Tesco online.
    I'll be placing an order in the morning!

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/produ...&Ne=4294793660

You can tell the siege of Christmas is nearly upon us as the supermarkets don't renew the stocks of beers from interesting local micros. Rather they concentrate on those from the national and large regional brewers with silly sounding names, so that once a year purchasers can buy something 'decent' for their loved ones(?) Bah, humbug!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    You can tell the siege of Christmas is nearly upon us as the supermarkets don't renew the stocks of beers from interesting local micros. Rather they concentrate on those from the national and large regional brewers with silly sounding names, so that once a year purchasers can buy something 'decent' for their loved ones(?) Bah, humbug!
    I think that Morrisons are less guilty of this than the others, but the size of the branch is always a factor. The new M Signature range I mentioned earlier has two good ones by Titanic. I've also seen Dark Star and Old Dairy bottles in my local Morrisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I think that Morrisons are less guilty of this than the others, but the size of the branch is always a factor. The new M Signature range I mentioned earlier has two good ones by Titanic. I've also seen Dark Star and Old Dairy bottles in my local Morrisons.
    I was thinking of my local Asda in particular. I won't be seeing anything from Ilkley, Acorn etc until late Jan/ early Feb, until the increasingly discounted Christmas stock has disappeared. Will look out for the Titanic ones next time I'm in town.