Ads not shown when logged in
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

I'm not sure how much of a "bargain" this is but Sainsbury's are doing two 600 ml bottles of Brewdog Punk IPA for £4.00.

I plumped for the last three bottles of Ridgeway Brewery bottle conditioned Bad King John (6%) for a fiver instead.

This was in the Loughton branch in Essex.

I agree with you Ale and Hearty about the Bateman's on price only as I've not tried it, but would point out that Tesco do four McEwan's Champions for six quid. The Old Tom at 2 for £3.00 in ASDA is also worth a look as Tesco seem to have stopped stocking it.

Tesco are doing three 750ml bottles of Leffe for the price of two which is £6.36 for the three.
    This actually works out cheaper by volume than their various 4 bottles for £6 deals and is considerably cheaper than ASDA who have it on "special offer" for £2.50 a bottle. I don't often drink Belgian beers but couldn't resist this offer.

"has signed one of its biggest contracts to date under a deal to extend the range of beers it supplies"
    http://www.scotsman.com/business/man...ract-1-2822710
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    "has signed one of its biggest contracts to date under a deal to extend the range of beers it supplies"
    http://www.scotsman.com/business/man...ract-1-2822710
    I'm not familiar with the Scottish Brewer Williams Bros, but looking at the GBG list they have an impressive range of beers. The problem is it doesn't say what the prices are and I don't have an Aldi anywhere near where I live!

ASDA have been doing four bottles for a fiver for the past few weeks and I got some Fuller's Black Cabs the week before last. I shudder to think what I would have paid in a Fuller's tied house.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Scottish Brewer Williams Bros, but looking at the GBG list they have an impressive range of beers.
    Their beers have always been good when I've tried them over the border.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

We were staying at Bridge of Allan, and went to check out pubs in Stirling, and were told there was a beer festival in Alloa. How far is that I asked, as you do, and found we could pop over there easily by train - which we did. Most of the beers on there were from Williams Bros, and we had a great time. They used to have the Heather beers including Fraoch years ago.
    Alcohol doesn't solve problems .... but then again, neither does milk.

This Space For Hire

I have often seen their beers around West London but the last time i drank any was at the Berlin beer festival where they always have a stand.

For those of us lucky enough to live oop north, Booths are advertising a Beer Festival starting 24th April. The ad' mentions tastings and meet the brewer events, hopefully there will be some bargins as well.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    For those of us lucky enough to live oop north, Booths are advertising a Beer Festival starting 24th April. The ad' mentions tastings and meet the brewer events, hopefully there will be some bargins as well.
    I like Booths, but it's a real pain that the nearest one to me is in Ilkley. Will have to sort out a day's walking in the Dales and call in on the way back.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Tesco are currently doing lots of their bottles at 4 for the price of 3. This means that Banks's Bitter works out at a remarkable 0.75 a bottle and their own Simply range (brewed by Marston's) are roughly £1.05 a bottle.