Ads not shown when logged in
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

Glass Half Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Happily my local branch had the full range in last Thursday so I got all the ones I hadn't had plus some old favourites. You can't argue with 15 beers for about £20!

One thing is certain - I don't like "sour" beers. I have tried a couple before and not been keen (One from Brewdog if memory serves). The Passion Killer from 71 brewing was awful - a passion fruit sour - never again!
    I find if you go in on the day they launch the new stock (usually a Thursday I think) you get the best chance of getting everything. They certainly seemed to have everything that was listed in the Lidl mag, though I didn't choose to buy all of them.

Did you get any of the Belgian beers they had a while back? Six in a box for £11.99 and I know of people who pay £6 a bottle for these individually in bars so it is an absolute bargain. They sold out pretty quickly but they do seem to get them in a couple of times a year.

I'm with you on the sour beers. I've tried a few and some are really sour (yuck) and some are just a bit tart (tolerable). Apparently they are meant to be very refreshing but my palate is clearly not sophisticated enough to appreciate that. That said, I did pick up the Passion Killer (Passion Fruit Sour) from the Lidl range, so I must be a glutton for punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I find if you go in on the day they launch the new stock (usually a Thursday I think) you get the best chance of getting everything. They certainly seemed to have everything that was listed in the Lidl mag, though I didn't choose to buy all of them.

Did you get any of the Belgian beers they had a while back? Six in a box for £11.99 and I know of people who pay £6 a bottle for these individually in bars so it is an absolute bargain. They sold out pretty quickly but they do seem to get them in a couple of times a year.

I'm with you on the sour beers. I've tried a few and some are really sour (yuck) and some are just a bit tart (tolerable). Apparently they are meant to be very refreshing but my palate is clearly not sophisticated enough to appreciate that. That said, I did pick up the Passion Killer (Passion Fruit Sour) from the Lidl range, so I must be a glutton for punishment!
    Yes I have had that box in the past. As you say an absolute steal at that price.

Good luck with the Passion Killer - it certainly killed mine!!

Just had the Small Giant - very nice....

I am a salmon !!

Glass Half Empty

Default Wychwood Beers in Lidl

Lidl have a box of twelve Wychwood beers on offer at the moment at £13.99, working out at just under £1.17 a bottle.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/trick-or...aracter/p25706

I think they were on the weekly special buy thing that started last Thursday, so today may be the last day for them in store but my local Lidl had three boxes left last night.

The box appears to contain two bottles each of six different beers, a couple of which I don't recall seeing before.

By comparison, Morrisons currently have a box of six bottles at £9.35 so the Lidl offering looks like a pretty good deal by comparison.

I have had that box before, maybe a couple of years back.
    As you say, a pretty good deal!

I am a salmon !!

Called in my local Lidl this morning and they had Shepherd Neame Double Stout (5.2%) and Wychwood King Goblin (6.6%) at £1.49 a bottle.

Added to the fact that they now sell Proper Job (also £1.49) it made it a worthwhile visit!

I am a salmon !!