Ads not shown when logged in
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

This Space For Hire

The thing that bothers me is Lidl.Aldi and now Home Bargains are selling beers from fictitious breweries .Why not say brewed for Aldi on the cans and name the brewer.There is no E1 Brew co.

A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Its a brand ,its a lifestyle,its Shoreditch contemporary its not a brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by london calling View Post
    Looks odd, their Companies House entries are interesting https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Their current registered address looks like an accommodation one, and their previous address doesn't look much like a brewery either. Camra doesn't list it but that might be snobbery or lack of knowledge.

My guess is the beers are made by another brewery and sold under the E1 label.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Looks odd, their Companies House entries are interesting https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Their current registered address looks like an accommodation one, and their previous address doesn't look much like a brewery either. Camra doesn't list it but that might be snobbery or lack of knowledge.

I make your guess right, Untapped have them down as a Contract Brewer.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

The Americans may have dubious practises when it comes to food but all tinned or bottled beers must have details of where it was brewed.In all beers I have come across as contract brewed it states the name of the brewery and address.Lidl ad Aldi say its sensitive commercial information and are reluctant to name the brewery but there are clues sometimes like Hatherwoods brewed by paul Mcginty who brews for Marstons.

The Americans may have dubious practises when it comes to food but all tinned or bottled beers must have details of where it was brewed.In all beers I have come across as contract brewed it states the name of the brewery and address.Lidl ad Aldi say its sensitive commercial information and are reluctant to name the brewery but there are clues sometimes like Hatherwoods brewed by paul Mcginty who brews for Marstons.
    I think you can tell from the bottles that Shepherd Neame brew some of the Lidl beers.

This Space For Hire

Yup. Give it the E1 postcode (the company's in EC2) and the hipsters will flock to it. They claim to be proudly British but their beers contain tropical fruits and American hops. One even contains '...a hint of CBD (Cannabinoid)' - a beer with skunk! And in eight years all they have to show for their efforts are three beers.

It reminds me of the Craft Union pub chain with their websites showing little other than trendy cartoons with the words 'Craft' and 'Union', implying artisanship and camaraderie in the face of corporate, faceless behemoths but in reality they seem rundown places to drink Foster's, e.g. Frankfort Arms and Marquis of Cornwallis - play the brief video on their websites and guess what? Virtually all the footage shows the same pub!!!

This Space For Hire

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post

...and their new address has been registered as 7 Redbridge Lane East, IG4 5ET as of 26th August, but the website's contact details gives the old address of 68 Rivington Street, EC2, so they aren't even in London anymore.

This Space For Hire

The lengths some people will go to, to find that elusive bargain!