Ads not shown when logged in
Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottled Beer Bargain Alert

Just Missed the Round

I've heard a rumour that the 3-for-£5 deal at M&S might now be over. Glad I stocked up when I did if that is the case!

Just Missed the Round

Default Lidl - British Craft Beer Festival

Lidl are doing another British Craft Beer Festival from Thursday 6th August. For those who are not familiar with Lidl, this will be time limited in terms of availability as there are new offers and products in each week.

The beers available in England and Wales are listed here:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/british-...tival/c1566/w2

And for Scotland the list is here:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/scottish...tival/c1567/w2

I notice there are a few repeats from previous Lidl beer festival events but there are also quite a few new ones to go at. Prices range from £1.29 to £1.79 per can/bottle. Some of the repeats are ones I'd be happy to have again, so looks like I'd better remember to take the heavy duty bags!

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    Lidl are doing another British Craft Beer Festival from Thursday 6th August. For those who are not familiar with Lidl, this will be time limited in terms of availability as there are new offers and products in each week.

The beers available in England and Wales are listed here:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/british-...tival/c1566/w2

And for Scotland the list is here:

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/scottish...tival/c1567/w2

I notice there are a few repeats from previous Lidl beer festival events but there are also quite a few new ones to go at. Prices range from £1.29 to £1.79 per can/bottle. Some of the repeats are ones I'd be happy to have again, so looks like I'd better remember to take the heavy duty bags!
    Nice one Rob - thanks for the heads up! I'll be there tomorrow!

I am a salmon !!

I called in and spent £26 on a load of different beers. 9 new ones for me to try. Have to admit I don't fancy a couple of them!

I have tried the Rhubarb Berliner Weisse and it was not good. I knew i wouldn't like it but still had to have it! I don't like sour beers

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I knew i wouldn't like it but still had to have it! I don't like sour beers
    It's an affliction that touches many of us.
    "Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer."
    -W.C.Fields

This Space For Hire

I got 12 beers for just over £20 and will get some more this week.

Just Missed the Round

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    I called in and spent £26 on a load of different beers. 9 new ones for me to try. Have to admit I don't fancy a couple of them!

I have tried the Rhubarb Berliner Weisse and it was not good. I knew i wouldn't like it but still had to have it! I don't like sour beers
    I bought all the ones I have not had before, and a couple of repeat offenders from previous beer festivals that I knew I would be happy to have again (especially at those prices). I wasn't mad keen on the Chokka Blokka Mocha Stout last time, so bought another one just to give it another try. I bought two of the Barney's Marshmallow Milk Stout as I expected that to be the pick of the bunch and sounded right up my street. The gamble paid off, it was bloody lovely so am glad I have another bottle stashed away to look forward to.

I'm not a mad fan of sour beers, but I do keep going back to them. I find some are more palatable than others. The Rhubarb Berliner Weisse was tolerable, not the worst I have had, but I wouldn't go and buy it again. Happy to have tried it though.

The Peanut Butter Pale Ale from Boss Brewing was pretty horrible and unless there is a real stinker waiting for me in the fridge, was definitely the worst of the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by RealAleRobUK View Post
    I bought all the ones I have not had before, and a couple of repeat offenders from previous beer festivals that I knew I would be happy to have again (especially at those prices). I wasn't mad keen on the Chokka Blokka Mocha Stout last time, so bought another one just to give it another try. I bought two of the Barney's Marshmallow Milk Stout as I expected that to be the pick of the bunch and sounded right up my street. The gamble paid off, it was bloody lovely so am glad I have another bottle stashed away to look forward to.

I'm not a mad fan of sour beers, but I do keep going back to them. I find some are more palatable than others. The Rhubarb Berliner Weisse was tolerable, not the worst I have had, but I wouldn't go and buy it again. Happy to have tried it though.

The Peanut Butter Pale Ale from Boss Brewing was pretty horrible and unless there is a real stinker waiting for me in the fridge, was definitely the worst of the line up.
    I'll be trying the peanut butter and the marshmallow this weekend.

I called in again today and got another 8. Not many left now.

I also keep buying Trooper. I like the drink but really I just want all 16 Iron Maiden bottle tops!!!

I am a salmon !!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    Asda 4 kiddies cans of Jaipur £6, not that bad, but 2 packs for £9 is a bargain. Just picked up a couple this morning.
    This offer was back when I visited Asda this morning.

Also includes most Brewdog cans.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Lidl craft beer festival again on Thursday 22nd

British list - https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/british-...tival/c1655/w2

Scottish list - https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/scottish...tival/c1654/w2

A fair few new to me as usual so I will be popping in!

I am a salmon !!