Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: This week, I'll be mostly reading / listening to / watching / going to see....

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

As i`m a bit of a cook i have got a few cook books , just been glancing through one (Larousse Gastronomique , a cooking encyclopedia) and have just read how to skin and joint a frog

Come on Wales!

Sadly I'll be in the kitchen for the game, so it'll be on record at home. As soon as I finish work, headphones go in, loud music, and they don't come out until the match is about to start for me! Apparently you can't fire someone for telling you the score I found out last year...

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Come on Wales!
    I hate to admit it but I think you'll win. However, should we triumph that's a firkin of Butty Bach you owe me!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Well, bxgger me, had it all wrote down then it vanished, perhaps the trolls were right, even the sites getting bored. Well 'ard luck, 'ere we go agen.
    Reading?...Geoffrey Picot's 'Accidental Warrior'. subtitled 'In the front line from Normandy till victory', a sort of undramatised one man 'Band of Brothers.
    Watching... CSI
    Listening to... Rarely listen to present day stuff. I'm in the process of transfering my LP and tape collection to the computer, it looks like a long job.....
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I hate to admit it but I think you'll win. However, should we triumph that's a firkin of Butty Bach you owe me!
    That's fine, I'll post it through your letterbox

I like Gatland, and his recent stance of 'if you don't play in Wales I won't pick you' (regarding Hook I imagine) is to be applauded.

That's fine, I'll post it through your letterbox .....I like Gatland

Letterbox? Just in case, I'm drawing up plans to install a huge cat flap!

I've a lot of time for Warren Gatland. I think he and Sean Edwards make quite a team. I love it when they zoom in on them for a reaction shot, when things are going badly. WG will be poker faced, whilst SE looks as though his head will explode. You don't need to be a lip reader to know what he's saying!
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Reading: 10 Years of Talk Sport... Alan Brazil, now there is someone who can drink...

Listening: Have blown the dust off New Boot and Panties after seeing the Ian Dury Bio-pic the other day.
    The Blockheads are up there with the bands I have seen the most over the years.

Watching: Bleeding American Idol.. as by the time I get home the teenage daughter is in and has control of the remote.

Going to see: Spurs v Villa this weekend and Sarries at Wembley next weekend, and then the missus has told me to keep the Sunday after free from sports or pubs visits , but bugger if I know why
    Work is the curse of the drinking Class - Oscar Wilde

That's fine, I'll post it through your letterbox
    Letterbox? Just in case, I'm drawing up plans to install a huge cat flap!
    Beavering away with the jigsaw as I type Eddie! Thought it was a poor game to be honest. At one stage in the second half we went to sleep again and I thought you were going to catch up like two years ago.

no, we decided not to turn up and sent the reservesinstead!on my way to oxford to drown my sorrows...

on my way to oxford to drown my sorrows...
    Is that literally then? With water? I thought the Dorothy Goodbody's was on hold for another two weeks. If you lose to Scotland I think you might crack.