Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This week, I'll be mostly reading / listening to / watching / going to see....

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    As to music, I await Dave's reply to this thread, I will never know where he acquired his taste, but it must have been left by someone before he was born.
    Oi, just because the two bands that I've seen play live the most - Yes and The Strawbs (who played at the GBBF last year) - happened to release their first albums around 8 years before I was born! Actually I'm not quite sure where my taste came from either.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I wish he'd been a flush in the pan, years ago.
    That just earned some rep!!

I have to drive down to the south tomorrow and back home on Wednesday afternoon so I will be listening to what ever Radio 2 chucks at me (only because they have regular and usually trustworthy traffic reports). Yesterday it was King Crimson (Red), Pink Floyd (Atom Heart Mother) and Beethoven (symphonies 3,5 &6).

Books everywhere in our house too, only one room doesn't have any in. I have a pile of books higher than myself to read, what with all the work dross, Whats Brewing, hobby magazines, blogs and god knows what else I'll have to wait till I'm retired to read something that's not work, beer or hobby oriented. With any luck I might slip in a quick novel next time I'm on a ferry, I'm only up to Hogfather on the Terry Prachetts.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I possibly should have said that my house is full of books however. Just don't seem to get through more than 1 a month these days, I find it a struggle to keep up with all my New Scientists, I keep on tempting myself to cancel that in the hope I find more time for books again.

I am scared that everyone likes Mr Pratchett, I have long held the belief that he just re-releases the same book having mixed the names around a little bit . Although I must admit that I did love Good Omens, I try to blame that on Neil Gaiman though.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I possibly should have said that my house is full of books however. Just don't seem to get through more than 1 a month these days, I find it a struggle to keep up with all my New Scientists, I keep on tempting myself to cancel that in the hope I find more time for books again.

I am scared that everyone likes Mr Pratchett, I have long held the belief that he just re-releases the same book having mixed the names around a little bit . Although I must admit that I did love Good Omens, I try to blame that on Neil Gaiman though.
    Pratchett is brilliant , or used to be the last 5/6 books have not been a patch on the earlier ones , then again he is ill (Alzheimers)

I got hooked on Pratchett when I read that one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse was living in Brownhills,West Mids was an old Rocker and drove a Ford Transit van.Sheer Brilliance.

I am currently ploughing through Mario Puzo's, The Godfather.

Music-wise? Elvis has been on rotation of late and i can't see it changing this week, either. Oh, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, too.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

The 70s series of Survivors is on my list to view, reading - well lots of old school records for the talks i have to put on - not found Mr A's school records yet though - they dont go far enough back Listening.... a bit of Miles Hunt and the Wonderstuff, as i am seeing him in Woolyhampton on saturday
    MILD:

Reading - page 2 of Ulysses. I'll do page 3 next year.

Listening to - my ipod has over 43,000 songs ranging from 20's blues to current indie. I have it on shuffle so it's not unusual to have Louis Armstrong followed by a dose of Anthrax!

Watching - 2nd half of Charlton v Orient tonight. Mainly watch movies - last one was the epic historical classic El Cid.

Going to see - Spurs v Fulham tomorrow, Liam Frost at the Queen Elizabeth Hall on Friday, Harrow Borough v Dartford on Saturday possibly followed by Canary Wolf at the Millers Cottage in Gravesend. Last gig was the Rich Kids reunion at the Islington Academy 7 Jan. Spent half the evening standing next to Mick Jones of the Clash. Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    My house is full of books , i have usually got at least 3 on the go , at the moment they are
    Terry Pratchet , Unseen Academicals
    Frankie Boyle , My Shit Life so Far
    Ian Fleming , Thunderball
    I am reading all the James Bond books in order .

As for music its a strange mix at the moment
    Rammstein , Liebe ist fur Alle Da
    Leonard Cohen , Isle of White 1970
    The Clash , London Calling
    Ian Dury , Reasons to be Cheerfull
    Howling Wolf , Moanin at Midnight
    I got Unseen Academicals for Xmas as well so I think that one will follow Ian Rankin.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

What interesting lives you all lead. I am just watching paint dry and reading junk mail at the moment but hope things will improve soon when I find the start button on my brain.
    Soupy I dont think you will find my school records. It is feared they were all burnt in The Walsall Black Pudding Riots in the 1960's when most of the town centre was destroyed.This gave the Council a chance to modernise on the cheap using mentally deranged architects hence Walsall's strange appearance today.Stranger things have happened at sea but I cannot see what that has to do with anything.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 26-01-2010 at 10:24.