Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield evening

Quote Originally Posted by Old Blue View Post
    but I have no idea where I drank the last couple of pints that are on my list
    As you were following ROB Camra's list pretty closely, it seems likely that your last pub may have been Trippets, now repainted a horrible grey and renamed Dada. It's another Thornbridge brewery outlet. I haven't been in since the change - perhaps you have a vague recollection of what it's like now I've jogged your memory?

Do let me know next time you're here and I'll see if I can join you (but you'll have to slow down a bit for me - by my count you got through 10 pints).
    Come On You Hatters!

Glass Half Empty

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield hatter View Post
    As you were following ROB Camra's list pretty closely, it seems likely that your last pub may have been Trippets, now repainted a horrible grey and renamed Dada. It's another Thornbridge brewery outlet. I haven't been in since the change - perhaps you have a vague recollection of what it's like now I've jogged your memory?

Do let me know next time you're here and I'll see if I can join you (but you'll have to slow down a bit for me - by my count you got through 10 pints).
    Hi SH, I hadn't checked out Dada, but I have now, as I had another short notice Sheffield trip last night, with collleagues in tow. Personally I thought the whole grey arty thing looked like a ghastly mistake (though I don't know what it used to look like) but this didn't seem to matter as it was the best place we went to in other respects (quite an accolade). Apparently new management has caused the new look but the bar staff and beers are retained...proper review to follow!

Did several at the Tap, one in Henry's, back to the Cat for dinner, and finally managed to find the Red Deer this time. Still didn't get back to the Three Tuns before closing. Am saving your and Rob's option 2 crawl suggestions for another time, hopefully soon and with some notice...
    'Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable' - Python