Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About time I grew up !!!

Default About time I grew up !!!

That is what I have been hearing all this week. I "enjoyed" a lads weekend at Blackpool last weekend as I was 40 on Monday. I spent a fortune and I think I have broken my wrist !!

Blackpool has to be the worst grothole in the UK but also the best ! The hotel we stayed in should be condemned.

That said I am going again next weekend but this time with the family for the lights - and we are staying up the road in the relative safety of Cleveleys ( never been to Cleveleys before so any tips are welcome)

About time I grew up ? - NOT A CHANCE !!!

Del

I am a salmon !!

I'm 50 and still do everything I did when I was 20, just with a bit more of a cultural and mature head. Gigs, football, beer, travelling... that'll always be what my life revolves around and if people don't want to come along for the ride or respect me for it then so be it. Grow up? No thanks, not ready for slippers and rocking chair yet. I'll be bouncing around at gigs for years to come if I have my way. Oh, and I hate Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I'm 50 and still do everything I did when I was 20, just with a bit more of a cultural and mature head. Gigs, football, beer, travelling... that'll always be what my life revolves around and if people don't want to come along for the ride or respect me for it then so be it. Grow up? No thanks, not ready for slippers and rocking chair yet. I'll be bouncing around at gigs for years to come if I have my way. Oh, and I hate Blackpool.
    (Apart from the bit about football in my case) who could disagree with those sentiments? Spot on Roger!

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Last weekend I was at a RN reunion in Shanklin on IOW, and although well into bus pass age it was like being 18 in Hong Kong, minus the "Bar girls" & "Sticky greens" of course

But the Saturday morning was a bit painful, and shows I am not 18, or 28, or even 48 any more

Saturday night was even worse, even had complaints about the noise from the bar at 0200, seemed OK to us
    Last edited by Farway; 15-10-2011 at 16:14.

I'M 55 and still carry on like I'm 20 so the wife says. When I'm off work I'm out on one of me motorbikes I'm the shed working on them or down the pub with me Mates or at a Rock Gig having a skin full. Change why I enjoy it keeps me young.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Have to agree with everyone. I have no intention of giving up for years yet. My life has revolved around football, beer, pubs and music since i was 16 and I have loved every minute of it.
    I have to admit that it takes longer to get over a heavy session and the medication I have to take seems to make me bruise like a peach !!

I suddenly feel quite young though looking at some of your ages !!!

Del.

I am a salmon !!

Who would want to grow up anyway?

It's altogether too difficult to distinguish the grown-ups from the dead.

I live life according to the mantra "you're a long time dead"

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

46 in December and according to the Wife shes not certain who the biggest kid is , me or our son , as long as your not doing anyone any harm carry on

Being a mature sensible adult is overated
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy20 View Post
    Have to agree with everyone. I have no intention of giving up for years yet. My life has revolved around football, beer, pubs and music since i was 16 and I have loved every minute of it.
    I have to admit that it takes longer to get over a heavy session and the medication I have to take seems to make me bruise like a peach !!

I suddenly feel quite young though looking at some of your ages !!!

Del.
    It was mine and Soup Dragon's birthday this week as well (we share the same birthday but he is 731 or so days older than me!). That's quite a coincidence - they must have put something in the West Midlands water in January 40+ years ago.

Are you coming to Nottingham on 11th November for the Pubs Galore big day out?
    Last edited by Andy Ven; 16-10-2011 at 22:01.
    Waes hael!

This all sounds very familiar:

At twenty I was riding motorbikes, listening to music, drinking real ale and brewing my own wine and beer.

At fifty I'm riding motorbikes, listening to music, drinking real ale and brewing my own wine and beer. The only difference is that wife and offspring have meant a smaller percentage of my income is devoted to these pleasures.