Ads not shown when logged in
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Breweries

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Tried a few beers from Peerless Brewery last night , no mention in GBG so did a bit of googleing , based in Birkenhead since 2009 , the Hibre Gold was very nice
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

I have been looking out for some of Tottenham's Redemption Brewery products which was the initial prompt for this thread. According to comments left on their Blogsite the beers are very good (well, I don't suppose the ones saying they were bad would last long on the site). The Wenlock and the Gunmakers have both stocked their ales and the brewery boss has indicated that the landlady at the Elbow Room in Tottenham is happy to stock it which would be my best bet in finding it but they have to get the OK from Barracuda first.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

'Trainman' asked me the other day whether I'd heard of Wharfebank brewery and I had to admit I hadn't. However, West Yorkshire now has another micro to go at. Marvellous!

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/n.../article/86126
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Good grief - who on earth is buying the stuff? I shall probably be in one of their pubs this evening, unfortunately. I will, at least, be starting in a pub where I can get some decent beer first.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    I shall probably be in one of their pubs this evening, unfortunately.
    I guess that this is a former King & Barnes house, so you had better ring first to check that Hall & Woodhouse haven't shut the place down...

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpadam View Post
    I guess that this is a former King & Barnes house, so you had better ring first to check that Hall & Woodhouse haven't shut the place down...
    Yes it is. H&W have closed a few local houses and I gather that a large number of those that remain are 'available'. I'm expecting the place to be open as we're seeing a band. Many local pubs are doing that these days. I suggest that Badger pubs have a more pressing need than most, as few people are going to visit one of their pubs to try their dreary beer-flavoured beverages.

Is it just the local pubs not looking after the beer, or do others find H&W beers utterly uninteresting?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Yes it is. H&W have closed a few local houses and I gather that a large number of those that remain are 'available'. I'm expecting the place to be open as we're seeing a band. Many local pubs are doing that these days. I suggest that Badger pubs have a more pressing need than most, as few people are going to visit one of their pubs to try their dreary beer-flavoured beverages.

Is it just the local pubs not looking after the beer, or do others find H&W beers utterly uninteresting?
    I used to love King and Barnes, and rarely had the chance of drinking H and W , living in Kent. We do quite often travel to see friends in West Sussex and Hampshire, and I do my utmost to avoid having to meet in a H and W pub, as I find the beer depressingly dull. A great pity, as a lot of the pubs are gems, and I generally like beer from the (smaller) regionals.

There is a new Brewery in Preston called Arkwrights. Is there something that someone on here isn't telling us about?

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    'Trainman' asked me the other day whether I'd heard of Wharfebank brewery and I had to admit I hadn't. However, West Yorkshire now has another micro to go at. Marvellous!

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/n.../article/86126
    Tried a drop of Wharfebank Camfell Flame yesterday at the Harrogate Beer Festival, an excellent malty beer which makes a bit of a change from all the hoppy golden ales so popular in these parts.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Putney Bricklayers had Cam Fell at their Yorkshire beerfest yesterday but I went for Slingers Gold from the same (very) new brewery. Amongst others...
    Pleased to see they eased back slightly from a pricing policy which was getting ott at this award winning pub - generally £3/£3.20 rather than the £3.20-£3.60 which has previously been the case. Not that I'm advocating that as a good price, but this is SW Laaarnden!