Ads not shown when logged in
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: New Breweries

Default Rare Brew

"Maris Otter malting barley" "Herefordshire hops and Mendip spring water"

http://www.cotswoldjournal.co.uk/new...ches_new_beer/
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Not technically a new brewery but last night one of my locals had a couple of beers from the Franklins Brewery who relocated from Harrogate to Bexhill earlier this year - first time I have come across them. Tried the Dark Mild and the Conqueror (which oddly enough don't get a mention on their website) - both pretty decent and looking forward to seeing a few more around.

http://www.franklinsbrewery.co.uk/in...page&Itemid=53

A new brewery in Henllan was given the go ahead yesterday by Denbighshire County Council.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-15779640

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Not technically a new brewery but last night one of my locals had a couple of beers from the Franklins Brewery who relocated from Harrogate to Bexhill earlier this year - first time I have come across them. Tried the Dark Mild and the Conqueror (which oddly enough don't get a mention on their website) - both pretty decent and looking forward to seeing a few more around.
    Think they also brew as 'Edge' (there's some sort of link). And the Bexhill site may well have been White's before.

Anyway, the former Surrey Hills site on a farm somewhere near Shere is now home to Tillingbourne Brewery.

The first brew is called Fall's Gold and is a hoppy beer of 3.8% ABV (brewed with lots of Cascade hops), brewed for the first time last week and should be ready for the trade on 14 December 2011.

The second brew should be a mild, but this will come once the Fall's Gold has been brewed four or so times.

Steve Dodd, the brewer, says he has a passion for hops, and so will be majoring on very hoppy beers.

The brewery should be open for off sales on Fridays and Saturdays.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    Anyway, the former Surrey Hills site on a farm somewhere near Shere is now home to Tillingbourne Brewery.
    Eh? Have Surrey Hills gone under then? That would be a shame, I really liked their Shere Drop, Ranmore, & another I can't remember...

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Eh? Have Surrey Hills gone under then? That would be a shame, I really liked their Shere Drop, Ranmore, & another I can't remember...
    Looks like Surrey Hills brewery has relocated to the nearby Denbies Vineyard:

http://www.surreyhills.co.uk/

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

As rpadam confirms, they've moved - the new place is much more accessible - it's round the back of the vineyard building. They sell direct from the brewery at bargain prices (£7.30 for 4 pints!) and they're terrifically friendly.

I enjoyed the 'Gilt Complex' which was around over the summer and would like to get my hands on the 'Greensand IPA' when they next brew it: seems the brewery have trouble getting hold of the Citra hops (which are apparently they're in heavy demand!).
    Last edited by PaulOfHorsham; 26-11-2011 at 14:40.
    Keeping breweries in business for more than 40() years

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    seems the brewery have trouble getting hold of the Citra hops (which are apparently they're in heavy demand!).
    Citra are impossible to get hold of at the moment. Greenmill use them for one of their brews and can't get any. Both York & Oakham have reported that they may not be able to brew their brews called Citra in the near future until the next crop of hops is ready.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

had a pint today of Leeming Gold from a new brewery called Rough Draft Brewing Co based in Leeming, North Yorks.

Not a bad beer, a golden ale, of course, at 3.8%.

No,they've moved to Denbies at Dorking-I hope to have a pint from the brewery door when we're selling plants there next spring.
    Last edited by Wittenden; 26-11-2011 at 22:08. Reason: I've been beaten to it!.Also, I failed to quote
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.