Ads not shown when logged in
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New Breweries

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Whilst visiting The Star, Crowlas came across the Liverpool Organic Brewery, which is certainly a new one on me. Their IPA was featured, but unfortunately I think it was on the turn. However, at 6%+ it's certainly one I'd like to try again.
    Talking of Organic brewers, just last week, visiting The Swan at Inkpen was my first encounter with Butts brewery of Hungerford, totally organic, and the pint each I had of Traditional & Jester were good ones. Never tried the Mudskipper which was also on

Fully working Web site here http://www.buttsbrewery.com/index.html

Whilst visiting The Star, Crowlas came across the Liverpool Organic Brewery, which is certainly a new one on me. Their IPA was featured, but unfortunately I think it was on the turn. However, at 6%+ it's certainly one I'd like to try again. The website is currently under development, but the address is:

www.liverpoolorganicbrewery.com
    We had a couple from this one on at the Baum a few of weeks ago, 24 Carat Gold & Styrian Summer. Both tasty but strong.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROBCamra View Post
    We had a couple from this one on at the Baum a few of weeks ago, 24 Carat Gold & Styrian Summer. Both tasty but strong.
    Sounds like they're going down the American route, strength wise. As per usual, I've made a mental note to look out for them.

I was looking at the Wakefield CAMRA branch diary page last night and there's a visit coming up to the Liverpool One Brewery. Initially, I thought they'd got the name slightly wrong, thinking it was the Organic Brewery. But no, yet another one I'd not heard of! www.liverpoolonebrewery.co.uk

Have you come across any of their beers ROB?
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

I was looking at the Wakefield CAMRA branch diary page last night and there's a visit coming up to the Liverpool One Brewery. Initially, I thought they'd got the name slightly wrong, thinking it was the Organic Brewery. But no, yet another one I'd not heard of! www.liverpoolonebrewery.co.uk
    Reminds me of Everton opening their club store in the new Liverpool One shopping centre a couple of years ago. They named it Everton Two, giving it the postal address of Everton Two, Liverpool One.
    And you can really taste the hops!

Sounds like they're going down the American route, strength wise. As per usual, I've made a mental note to look out for them.

Have you come across any of their beers ROB?
    I knew they were out there, but I couldn't even find any when we were out in Liverpool.

I'll have to ask Simon at the Baum to get some in!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

With the launch of this (last!) year's GBG soon upon us, our local CAMRA branch has informed me that they have included the brewery in this years guide. Having found this out (I filled in a form giving details with an 'expected active date' of 'late 2010'. I was told they would check with me before including it in this years guide but that seems to have not happened. I'm worried it may annoy a few people finding out that, although in the guide it states the brewery as active with 3 ales in reality I'm still waiting to get the brewhouse approved!
    *insert something clever/humorous/interesting here*

"Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Any of you Yorkshire folk had Wold Top ale? I 've just read an article about them in one of my farming magazines. As a diversified farmer I was highly impressed (and put in the shade) by their energy: apart from farming 575 acres of arable and free range chooks, they've also gone and set up the eponymous brewery, as well as running a nursery. They don't seem to do part time gamekeeping though!
    I recall drinking Falling Stone at the Cover Bridge near Middleham a few years ago, but my notes are far from clear!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Any of you Yorkshire folk had Wold Top ale?
    I've had bottled Wold Gold which I thought was fantastic. Unfortunately, I've not (knowingly) come across any of their draught beers; but they've got a good reputation as the website shows:

www.woldtopbrewery.co.uk
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

I have had 8 of their draught beers including 600 acrres at Fleetwood fest last year.

Falling Stone abnd Wolds Way have been on at the Welly in Brum, but most of them were in York. and others in Hull and Hartlepool.