Ads not shown when logged in
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Breweries

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    We did an overnight in Wakefield last Saturday to break up the journey home from Scotland....We didn't arrive until quite late (I did send you a last minute text message to see if you were around).... The Westgate run is a lovely experience on a Saturday night!
    Roger, I got your text, but it sounds like you didn't get my reply?(I was in Essex for the w/e) I was a bit suspicious at the time, as for some reason it was repeatedly being limited in length and when I 'sent it' I got a message saying it couldn't be delivered until 7a.m the next day. Don't let it put you off trying again when you're next in the area.

Agreed about THe Black Horse. A new 'spoons is due to open across the road, which I suspect will hit them hard.The Westgate Run is a sight to behold isn't it? Hogarth would have been right at home.
    Last edited by aleandhearty; 06-07-2010 at 10:56.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Came across some beers from a couple of new Kent Breweries yesterday - Wantsum (Canterbury) and Old Dairy (Cranbrook). Tried Wantsum's Hengist and Old Dairy's Blue Top, both summery beers that went down very well (on top of the other 15 or so that I sampled!). Will keep an eye open for more.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Came across some beers from a couple of new Kent Breweries yesterday - Wantsum (Canterbury)
    Wantsum beers - sounds like a damn silly question to me
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Came across some beers from a couple of new Kent Breweries yesterday - Wantsum (Canterbury) and Old Dairy (Cranbrook). Tried Wantsum's Hengist and Old Dairy's Blue Top, both summery beers that went down very well (on top of the other 15 or so that I sampled!). Will keep an eye open for more.
    Still have n't seen either of these in a pub yet, and Old dairy is only just up the raod. I have been drinking the Blue Top IPA in bottle lately-had one tonight, a damn fine drop, as is the Gold Top. Not too sure of the hop bill, but I seem to remember that Cascade is used in the GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wittenden View Post
    Still have n't seen either of these in a pub yet, and Old dairy is only just up the raod. I have been drinking the Blue Top IPA in bottle lately-had one tonight, a damn fine drop, as is the Gold Top. Not too sure of the hop bill, but I seem to remember that Cascade is used in the GT
    Both ales I mentioned were on at the King George V in Brompton as part of the Medway Hopper Festival. They had Old Dairy Gold Top as one of their normal guest ales but I didn't sample it.

This Space For Hire gillhalfpint's Avatar

Wantsum 1381 IPA was at 2009 Pigs Ear fest, Hackney.

A&H - I note there is a new brewery called Ridgeside just opened in Leeds. Currently brewing 3 ales, Best 4.5%, Black Night 5% and Challenge 3.9%. Knowing my increasing fondness of Yorkshire beers, keep an eye out and report back as I'm sure you will get to sample the product range long before I will!
    Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Sorry Roger, I'm ahead of you. Have a look at post #87 ! You probably remember O'Donoghue's in Wakefield. It's just been taken over by Great Heck Brewery, but Ridgeside are having their official launch there in the middle of this month. Will deffo report back.
    Having been away for the w/e and driving like the clappers to get back for the official launch yesterday afternoon, it all proved a bit of a damp squib. I thought they were going to showcase the core range, but instead it was just a brew called Beast at 4.7%. All hypothetical anyway, as they'd sold out by the time I got to O'D's...Just half a dozen chicken drumsticks and half a pork pie left over from the buffet.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    Having been away for the w/e and driving like the clappers to get back for the official launch yesterday afternoon, it all proved a bit of a damp squib. I thought they were going to showcase the core range, but instead it was just a brew called Beast at 4.7%. All hypothetical anyway, as they'd sold out by the time I got to O'D's...Just half a dozen chicken drumsticks and half a pork pie left over from the buffet.
    I'm sure you'll get a sample long before I will!

Talking of new Kent beers, had a pint of 'Royal' from the Royal Tunbridge Wells Brewing Company the other day. Hideous pump clip and a bit hazy, but it was a reasonably tasty best bitter.

Whilst visiting The Star, Crowlas came across the Liverpool Organic Brewery, which is certainly a new one on me. Their IPA was featured, but unfortunately I think it was on the turn. However, at 6%+ it's certainly one I'd like to try again. The website is currently under development, but the address is:

www.liverpoolorganicbrewery.com