Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Breweries

Default New Breweries

There seems to be an infinate number of microbreweries springing up everywhere including some in the unlikeliest of places that I thought it would be useful to have a thread for people to add any new ones that come to light.

I have just received notification of a new Brewery called Redemption based in the real ale desert of Tottenham - the area doesn't have a decent pub for miles around! Looks like they have just managed their first brew - this is the link http://urbanbrewer.blogspot.com/

For you Kentish people (like myself), Moodleys based in Tunbridge Wells is another new one to watch out for http://www.moodleys.co.uk/
    Last edited by RogerB; 24-01-2010 at 09:22.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

As one of the 3 brews is an Original Mild, maybe Soup Dragon will be visiting?

Not a brewery as such, not yet anyhow, but my 'spiritual' local is experimenting with home-brews. The landlord and his mate have just produced their second, to be known as 'Gussage Gold'. I tried it after the first drop, a dark amber ale, 6.4, clear, but clearly unfinished, I could, would have, happily have drunk it then. The finished product goes on sale tomorrow,at 4.9 coinciding with Burn Night, which I will be attending.
    The first brew was on sale just before Christmas, a good effort at a middle-of-the-road porter. Known as Gussage Porter it was either 4.5 or 4.9, memory fails me as to which, and well-drinkable. I should know as I probably shifted half a gallon of the stuff.
    For sure, a long way to go, but the intent is there. Here's to Burns Night, Drambuie cream pancakes, Gussage Gold and all......The choice now is ESB, Old Peculiar or the Beast...Oh happy day..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 24-01-2010 at 18:29.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

This years (2010) Good Beer Guide has a handy list of 25 breweries that were going to start up from Sept09 onwards. The only one I've come across so far is the Liverpool Organic Brewery which makes a very pleasant easy drinking Golden Ale style Pale Ale (4%). Their website is here but it's very unilluminating, there are a few details on this site.

I'll post the full GBG list if anyone thinks it may be useful to them.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

The new Joules Brewery in Market Drayton is well underway , they are just waiting for a change in the weather so they can get on with the build . They are aiming for 300 barrels a week . They also own 15 pubs in Shropshire/Staffs which they are restoring to original plans where possible . Sounds good .

Now that does sound exciting Oggwyn ( takes alot to do that these days ) Not only real ale but the original plans sounds great.To many of our pubs now have that openplan, all inclusive great barn of a place feel about them. Must do some checking up on that.
    Looked at their web page ,I wish they would buy a few pubs in my area. I know the Bricklayer Arms ,Salop I lived at the opposite end of the street when a teenager.Last visited about 4 years ago when it appeared to be in the doldrums.
    Last edited by arwkrite; 25-01-2010 at 10:09.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    There seems to be an infinate number of microbreweries springing up everywhere including some in the unlikeliest of places that I thought it would be useful to have a thread for people to add any new ones that come to light.
    Hey Roger, great thread! However, it does sound rather familiar. The last brewery that I discovered was the Ilkley Brewery http:// www.ilkleybrewery.co.uk They've only been brewing since June, but won their first regional SIBA award in November for their 'Mary Jane' brew. I've enjoyed all of their beers I've tried so far. One to watch out for.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Sorry to thread hijack, just wanted to ask a&h if he was reading his PM's and figured he would definitely see this post

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulOfHorsham View Post
    As one of the 3 brews is an Original Mild, maybe Soup Dragon will be visiting?
    I would love to, my Lord of Horsham - always up for a MILD!

Quote Originally Posted by Oggwyn Trench View Post
    The new Joules Brewery in Market Drayton is well underway , they are just waiting for a change in the weather so they can get on with the build . They are aiming for 300 barrels a week . They also own 15 pubs in Shropshire/Staffs which they are restoring to original plans where possible . Sounds good .
    Joules have opened up the Duke of York in Lichfield, i popped in and it was a decent place, but the Joules beers hadnt arrived as yet, so will let you know next time i go in, which wont be too far away i would guess
    MILD:

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I found a beer from a brewery I hadn’t heard of before over the weekend, Wild Hop Brewery O.P.A. I can’t find out much about this other than a suggestion on Stonch’s Beer Blog that the brewery may have closed in 2007 and that Daleside are now brewing under that name.