Ads not shown when logged in
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Breweries

Hybrid View

Default New Breweries

There seems to be an infinate number of microbreweries springing up everywhere including some in the unlikeliest of places that I thought it would be useful to have a thread for people to add any new ones that come to light.

I have just received notification of a new Brewery called Redemption based in the real ale desert of Tottenham - the area doesn't have a decent pub for miles around! Looks like they have just managed their first brew - this is the link http://urbanbrewer.blogspot.com/

For you Kentish people (like myself), Moodleys based in Tunbridge Wells is another new one to watch out for http://www.moodleys.co.uk/
    Last edited by RogerB; 24-01-2010 at 09:22.

I'll stay on me own PaulOfHorsham's Avatar

As one of the 3 brews is an Original Mild, maybe Soup Dragon will be visiting?

Not a brewery as such, not yet anyhow, but my 'spiritual' local is experimenting with home-brews. The landlord and his mate have just produced their second, to be known as 'Gussage Gold'. I tried it after the first drop, a dark amber ale, 6.4, clear, but clearly unfinished, I could, would have, happily have drunk it then. The finished product goes on sale tomorrow,at 4.9 coinciding with Burn Night, which I will be attending.
    The first brew was on sale just before Christmas, a good effort at a middle-of-the-road porter. Known as Gussage Porter it was either 4.5 or 4.9, memory fails me as to which, and well-drinkable. I should know as I probably shifted half a gallon of the stuff.
    For sure, a long way to go, but the intent is there. Here's to Burns Night, Drambuie cream pancakes, Gussage Gold and all......The choice now is ESB, Old Peculiar or the Beast...Oh happy day..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 24-01-2010 at 18:29.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Not so much a new brewery as a new beer, Fullers Bengal Lancer 5% cask beer or 5.3% in bottles. Should be in their pubs soon and the free trade and supermarkets in March.

Morning Advertiser story here

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Not so much a new brewery as a new beer, Fullers Bengal Lancer 5% cask beer or 5.3% in bottles. Should be in their pubs soon and the free trade and supermarkets in March.

Morning Advertiser story here
    http://www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp?id=296
    "Do I know where hell is? hell is in hello"

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Blimey, one of my less frequent regular watering holes, The Alice Lisle will be stocking it, and it was first on the list. Thanks, hondo.
    Not as bad a pub as it looks, the Lisle. Hordes of screaming kids in summer and at weekends, so so food. But there is a quiet drinkers bar off to one side, and the ale is usually top notch. I just hope they don't take the HSB off to put the new one on...
    Last edited by runningdog; 03-02-2010 at 19:36.
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Looks like a few in Pompey, including the Wine Vaults, which is always worth a trip to. And the Bridge Tavern, which last time I went was not worth a trip to, but there are two more pubs near by so all will not be lost

Fullers Bengal Lancer - Had some of that in Putney in the Whistle and Flute. Not bad at all. Though I'd like to see some Festival Mild soon, not had that for ages and it's luverrly!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinno View Post
    Fullers Bengal Lancer - Had some of that in Putney in the Whistle and Flute.
    You just stopped short of 'I think the landlord's name was Reg...'
    Aaah, myself & fellow RATs still plan to be headed your way 06Mar, Quinno, I'll be in touch beforehand to see if you can/wanna partake at some juncture, either side of The Retreat!

This years (2010) Good Beer Guide has a handy list of 25 breweries that were going to start up from Sept09 onwards. The only one I've come across so far is the Liverpool Organic Brewery which makes a very pleasant easy drinking Golden Ale style Pale Ale (4%). Their website is here but it's very unilluminating, there are a few details on this site.

I'll post the full GBG list if anyone thinks it may be useful to them.