Ads not shown when logged in
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Wemberley, Wemberley we're all pi**ed up and we're going to Wemberley...

Get some gravy on it. Maldenman's Avatar
    Motspur Park or whichever pub I happen to be in at the time.

I went for a walk yesterday part of which was along the Grand Union Canal near Brentford. I passed some pitches near Osterley Lock when suddenly a ball flew over and straight into the canal. Suddenly a rather fat middle aged bloke burst through the hedge, waving a massive fishing catch net and retrieved the ball to shouts of "hurry Up XXXXX" from the adjacent pitch. Two minutes earlier it was total peace and I even saw a kingfisher flash past. It was a bit of a Little Britain moment.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maldenman View Post
    I didn't know Worcester had joined the clubs in peril ranks. Too many moneybags fools have got involved in non league football, the car crash that is the conference AGM each year shows this all too well. Good luck to Worcester City, an old adversery.
    http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/...from_disaster/ this might give you a clue to whats been going on , apparently not even the supporters trust knew
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

It will be a shame to see St Georges Lane go, a proper atmospheric old ground. Hopefully the new ground will get built and will have some individuality unlike most new identikit grounds.

Time to rebrand the thread as "We're all p*ssed off we're not going to Wemberley".

Life sometimes comes round to one on the bum. After the highs of Saturday, the lows of Sunday. The best chance we ever had of Chas N Dave reforming has now gone, perhaps for ever.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Time to rebrand the thread as "We're all p*ssed off we're not going to Wemberley".

Life sometimes comes round to one on the bum. After the highs of Saturday, the lows of Sunday. The best chance we ever had of Chas N Dave reforming has now gone, perhaps for ever.
    Lows, what lows? Pompey 2, Spurs & Harry Rednap 0, great result all round

Just Missed the Round Evil Gazebo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    Pompey 2, Spurs & Harry Rednap 0, great result all round
    The unexpected beneficiaries from this could be whoever finishes 7th in the Premiership, because my understanding is that Portsmouth won't be allowed to compete in Europe next season, even if they beat Chelsea in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Gazebo View Post
    The unexpected beneficiaries from this could be whoever finishes 7th in the Premiership, because my understanding is that Portsmouth won't be allowed to compete in Europe next season, even if they beat Chelsea in the final.
    That'll be Spurs then!

I'll agree with the new name for this thread...
    2 trips to Wembley for me and 2 defeats. All I have to show for it is an empty wallet and a couple of hangovers !!
    Still, I did have another good day out - maybe next season..

Cheers,

Del.
    Last edited by Delboy20; 12-04-2010 at 19:00. Reason: absolluty teribal speling !!!

..as well as Welling, Bromley, Grays and Thurrock and possibly the old foe, Le Dovre if they don't get through theplay offs.
    Hmm, possibly not Grays then Roger, this from the Alty official site.

BSP NEWS
    Grays Athletic vice-chairman Andy Swallow confirmed to the NL Paper that the club faces administration and a drop to the Ryman. He said, "We're looking at the Ryman Premier if we can stabilise over the summer". Also the NLP says that the club "have been evicted from The Rec [their ground] after more than 100 years... It has been sold by the landlords for housing. Mr Swallow added, 'We're likely to go into administration in the very near future. That's a formality as we don't have a penny. We will play our last game at the Rec. on April 24. To be honest, I think the Ryman is where we belong'"

Shame, nice club, friendly people and two great pubs in The White Hart and Theobalds Arms.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hope you are feeling flush MM.