Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Dual Addresses

Default Dual Addresses

I see some Welsh pubs with English addresses are listed in two counties, eg. Llangyrnog (Powys and Shropshire(Oswestry)). Please can the same be done for Llansilin, Penybontfawr, Pen-y-Bont, and Llanymynech (ie add Powys).
    Also Llangedwyn and Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant are also in Powys, so can they have Powys added instead of (or as well as) Clwyd. This will make it much easier for people in Powys to find info on the pubs there as there are so few to find anyway!
    I bet all that would have been clearer if I had written it in Welsh (which I can't!)

Alan H

Administrator

Hi Alan,

I am really not sure what you are saying, any pub we have is only listed in one county. I think you are talking about Llangyrnog also appears on the Powys page that is because Langyrnog is marked as being in Powys, whereas all its pubs are in Oswestry which is in Shropshire. It is completely automated and I am not sure what hacking it would do.

Sorry I can't be of more help, let me know if you want a more in depth explanation.

Hi Alan,

I've been having a look at this and I think I understand what you mean.

Are you saying that Llansilin, Penybontfawr, Pen-y-Bont, and Llanymynech are areas that are actually in Powys rather than Shropshire? And presumably that Llangedwyn and Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant are in Powys rather than Clwyd?

Thanks

Dave

Yes, all the pubs listed are in Powys. The ones in Llangynog are at present accessable from both the Powys list and the Shropshire list. Likewise the Llangedwyn and Llanrhaeadr YM pubs are accessable from both the Clwyd list and Shropshire list even though they are both in Powys. The post office gives all the Tanat Valley a Shropshire address even though some are over 20 miles into Wales. I found it useful to find the Llangynog pubs on the Powys list but if they can only have one address and we have to go by the post office they will all have to be in Shropshire.

Edit- The Plough and The Wynnstay Arms in Llanrhaeadr YM. both give their address as Powys on their websites. It is all for the convenience of the post office because the mail is directed via Oswestry in Shropshire.
    Last edited by AlanH; 07-10-2011 at 14:23.

Ok, I think that is all now behaving the way it should. All of the villages you mention should now be showing on the Powys page as 'Areas also in Powys' and they are all also showing under their postal towns in Shropshire.

As for Llangedwyn and Llanrhaeadr YM that was a very odd situation. As you said they shouldn't have been associated with Clwyd at all, they will now show on the Powys page as well as under their postal district of Oswestry.

Thanks for letting us know about those.

Dave

Thanks a lot.

Powys has just dragged 10 of its pubs back over Offa's Dyke!

Alan H