Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Un-fined Beer

Default Un-fined Beer

At the recent Somerset CAMRA Real Ale Festival there were a selection of un-fined beers brewed by the Moor Beer Company.

Out of interest I tasted both a fined and un-fined version of their Southern Star. They were two completely different beers, with the un-fined version being far superior (in my opinion) in taste, albeit slightly hazy.

Nicholson's pubs are stocking some un-fined brews by Moor Beer Co. If you come across them, let me know if you agree.

http://moorbeer.co.uk/news/unfined-for-you

Waterborne Beer Inspector Bucking Fastard's Avatar

That was an interesting article from the Moor website and I will keep an eye open for their unfined beers.I bumped into an organic beer festival when last in The Anchor,Digbeth and a few of these beers were I believe unfined ,the barman correctly pointed out that these beers would be hazy before pulling the pint and I enjoyed the taste.Ironically the second pint was from the end of the barrel,there was a lot of handpump action to fill the glass,but this too tasted good.The barman was kind enough to only charge for a half ,which he said is what he does for his regulars with end of barrel pints.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

I've been round three Nicholsons pubs in London this week and not found any. The landlord at the Hoop & Grapes, Aldgate did say that he'd received an e-mail about it and would probably be stocking them.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.