Ads not shown when logged in

Thread: Leeds

Hybrid View

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Default Leeds

I know the 'Leeds day out' thread is not long ago, but I'm looking for specfic input as to which of these I should incude:

Adelphi, Brewery Tap, Duck&Drake, Fox&Newt, Garden Gate (less central), Grove, Midnight Bell, Mr Foleys, North Bar, Scarborough Hotel, Templar Hotel, THT (gone per ROB's review), Victoria Hotel, Whitelocks.

Need to whittle that list down to, say, 7 must-do's plus 2 reserves (only in town for 7hrs). All local knowledge & suggestions welcome.
    Thanks tm.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I know the 'Leeds day out' thread is not long ago, but I'm looking for specfic input as to which of these I should incude:

Adelphi, Brewery Tap, Duck&Drake, Fox&Newt, Garden Gate (less central), Grove, Midnight Bell, Mr Foleys, North Bar, Scarborough Hotel, Templar Hotel, THT (gone per ROB's review), Victoria Hotel, Whitelocks.

Need to whittle that list down to, say, 7 must-do's plus 2 reserves (only in town for 7hrs). All local knowledge & suggestions welcome.
    Thanks tm.
    I would say Grove, Midnight Bell, Cross Keys, Hop, Brewery Tap. Then 10 minute walk to Mr Foleys, Veritas, Victoria Hotel.

Whitelocks and North Bar as reserves as they're a little further off this route.

We had about 7 hours as well and we did all the first 8 plus Wetherspoons, Garden Gate, Adelphi & Scarbrough.

Although it took an hour to get to and from Garden Gate and have a pint.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Thanks tm.
    Hi 'tm'. My choices are slightly different to ROB's and I've chucked The Palace into the mix. Don't know how much you want to visit the Garden Gate, but for outstanding traditional interiors it's probably first choice along with The Victoria, Whitelocks and The Adelphi. In running order I'd go for:

1.The Grove
    2. The Hop
    3.The Adelphi
    4. The Duck & Drake.
    5.The Palace.
    6.The Garden Gate.
    7.Whitelocks.
    8.Mr Foleys.
    9.The Victoria
    10.Veritas.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I shall put them all on a map and decide which to stagger round.
    Any venues with board for comedy darts along the way?

We'll be there Fri ~12:30-19:30. If anyone is in the vicinity & wants to hook up, drop me a pm for tel#.

Scarborough, Whitelocks, Mr Foley's, Victoria, Veritas, Grove, Cross Keys, (Midnight Bell?, can't remember!), Scarborough.
    Jokers played in Grove, easily potd, also really liked Victoria. Didn't like Veritas at all - surprised it appeared on both lists chaps.
    Grand day, but why the hell did i get a btl of red for the train home? Then Euston Tap!
    And what are England doing just now? Awful!

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

...Grove, easily potd.....Didn't like Veritas at all - surprised it appeared on both lists chaps.
    Glad you had a grand day, sorry I couldn't make this one. Must say, I find it very hard to move on from The Grove sometimes! Regarding Veritas, it's each to their own, I guess. Still think it's pretty good for a modern bar. Beer quality and choice have been excellent whenever I've been in.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.