Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fullers Pubs - Loyalty Card Scheme

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    We are also over run with Morris Dancers.
    You don't know over run with Morris folk until you do the Wimborne Folk Festival. Out of the cricket ground, past the Cricketers, all along East Street, up the High Street, round the Square, along East Borough, then it's Hanham Road and back to Park Lane and the cricket ground. Solid, back to back, no gaps. Then, when the first lot have got back, the queue to get started is still back to the coaches.
    Bluidy incredible. but they won't be doin it anymore, the Cricket Ground is building site, soon to be a SuperMarket. Bluidy shame, apart from the Minster, the ground, in the middle of town, was the only touch of character Wimborne had.
    Perhaps they'll change the Cricketers to the SuperMart Arms
    I feel a Peculiar Beast coming on
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I ended up in Christchurch during part of the festival last year. Wall to wall morris dancers, I quite enjoyed it, far more fun than most of the busking and antics I normally see on the streets.

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    You don't know over run with Morris folk until you do the Wimborne Folk Festival. ...............Bluidy incredible. but they won't be doin it anymore, the Cricket Ground is building site, soon to be a SuperMarket........ Perhaps they'll change the Cricketers to the SuperMart Arms
    That’s a real shame to note runningdog, I remember fondly playing cricket at Wimborne during cricket tours during the 1980’s. We’d also play at Colehill, Weymouth and a little place called Wool near a military camp I think. We stayed at a few places over the years, The Strouden Park, The Albion Wimborne, the Royal Oak Dorchester and the Horton Inn, out in the middle of nowhere. I remember Wimborne Cricket Club well, the pavilion was never that good but the welcome and hospitality was always first class and the cricket was a good standard. I’ve paid a few visits to the Cricketers over the years plus the Rising Sun (?) on the bridge over the river and remember a few encounters with the Morris Dancers. Shame to hear that the cricket ground is being developed but thanks for invoking a few good memories.

The Morris dancers are probably the same groups. Made the mistake of holidaying on the Dorset coast when it was festival time.Where ever you went ,day after day you saw the same dance groups. No place to park ,pubs filled to burstng no where to eat. Last time we made that mistake. We visited in the winter next time. Plenty of room in the pubs then and no Morris dancers.

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Morris dancers in Dorset? well, here is a line from my review of the Bridge Inn, Topsham (Devon - well, its roughly the same thing, like Walsall and Bloxwich!)

"The interior is a nesting of little rooms, one of which was full of morris dancers, that jingled to look at the new entrant"
    MILD:

Brilliant Soupy

Jingle, Jingle

Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    .....thanks for invoking a few good memories.
    Small world, ain't it. Trouble is, it changes. The Strouden Park is gone, the Albion is being rebuilt following a serious multi-property fire, the Royal Oak is a JDW, while the Horton Inn is but a shadow that still trades on it's past and little else. I'm happy to say that both the Rising Sun and the Cricketers survive. Both are worth a visit but neither is my kinda place. Here's to good memories
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by aleandhearty View Post
    I remember reading that my local brewery Ossett and Fullers had done a reciprocal beer arrangement. Has that dried up then? I still see Pride, ESB and HSB in my Ossett owned local.
    Maybe this is back on, the Doric Arch in Euston put Ossett Big Red on tonight and were pushing it quite heavily.

For any locals they have also got a loyalty card scheme going again, buy 7 get the 8th free.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

I popped into The Ship & Bell, Horndean a few days back, found they operate the Fuller's loyalty scheme, which is good as the HSB is very good there, as it should be as it is next to the old Gales Brewery and if one could not get a decent pint of Horndean Special Bitter in the birthplace of it then it would be a very sad day