Ads not shown when logged in
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fullers Pubs - Loyalty Card Scheme

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    Not at all, nothing further from my mind, as if I would ever take the P out of a fellow PuGGer (??). An appreciation

of the cutting edge of pub design is just one facet of my overall love of pubs, can I also just make the point that

twigs are perhaps a modern take on the old custom of hanging a branch outside as a pub sign

I know you like them really so here's a couple of old favourites

Attachment 142 Attachment 143
    I think thats a QED moment
    MILD:

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I didn't think so, but no amount of hovering is showing me anything other than 4 yellow(?) stars, Very misleading indeed.
    We probably hoped when testing it that no pubs would get zero stars

I think we will have to live with it for now unless anyone has some bright easy ideas of how to make it clearer (happy to change this if it is easy enough)? Hopefully at some point we will come up with some good ideas for the ratings and more miraculously I may do them

Quote Originally Posted by oldboots View Post
    I know you like them really so here's a couple of old favourites
    Now, c'mon, ob, If the second one's a twig, I'd love to see your idea of a tree..........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    Now, c'mon, ob, If the second one's a twig, I'd love to see your idea of a tree..........

Well you asked for it didn't you? All together now in best Crocodile Dundee style "call that a tree.....

Attachment 145

.....now that's a tree"

while finding that one I found this

Attachment 146

That's all very well, 'ob', but the other one deffo t'wern't a twig..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 24-01-2010 at 10:36. Reason: Bluidy fingers, one day they'll get it right...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    That's all very well, 'ob', but the other one deffo t'wern't a twig..........
    it is compared to a Giant Redwood, besides I'm not so sure I called it a twig, "old favourite" or "this beauty" if memoery serves.

Now then, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

"oldboots;5460 Now then, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

Tricky that, depends on there being angels to dance in the first place..........
    Last edited by runningdog; 24-01-2010 at 17:53.

I remember studying angels in trigonometry at school so they must exist. Did not realise they could dance though. Mine sat on the paper looking either acute or obtuse.Recalling Eddies reply the answer must be 42 as long as catch 22 does not apply. This is what happens when I allow myself to sober up. Try not to let happen to often.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Ark,

You are getting your History mixed up with your Theology again, whilst I can remember Silly Old Hitler Caused Awful Headaches To Our Airmen it had no angels in it.

Honest Conrad I had a Square Protractor and you could use it to draw angels. Or were Angels the mates of the Saxons wot came here after the Romans had done there Wini, Widi ,Wici bit and gone home. May be Morrismen are the descendants of these Angels who danced on Pinheads. Who were the Pinheads? Perhaps a long lost distinct race who failed to adapt to Shephard Neme brewing practices. Aint Knowledge wonderfull. I thank my parents for letting me go to school instead of sending me up sooty chimneys like they did with my sisters.They told them it was a chance to go up in the world (Groan)