Ads not shown when logged in
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fullers Pubs - Loyalty Card Scheme

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    I did get a funny hat from O'Neils for drinking a load of Guiness and having my card stamped. Gave it to the gran kids to play with..it made me feel ill when ever looked at it.
    We have to endure that every St Patrick's Day don't we, the 'Twats in Hats' as I refer to them despoiling our town centres with their faux Irish wit. The rest of the year they'll be drinking Fosters or WKD's. Which brings me to a review of Yates in Manchester that I did a few years ago of which I am paticularly proud. If I may be allowed a little self-promotion I have just put it on to PG here http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/55835/

And have a look whose review was previous to yours. OH the indignity of it being refused entry, my ire lasted all of one second before I said " Right lets go find a proper pub" with much relief.By the way the ONiells manager was a mate so I did not have to go the whole hog to get the hat thank gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by arwkrite View Post
    And have a look whose review was previous to yours. OH the indignity of it being refused entry, my ire lasted all of one second before I said " Right lets go find a proper pub" with much relief.By the way the ONiells manager was a mate so I did not have to go the whole hog to get the hat thank gawd.
    I hadn't 'ed (is that what you use that icon for?) that the other review was yours. Certainly a pub to stay away from and, as you say, many better pubs in the vicinity.

If it's cheap you want, you could buy 3 pints in a and have change for the same price as 1 pint around here!

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Millay View Post
    If I may be allowed a little self-promotion I have just put it on to PG here
    Of course you may, but if I read it right, did you then give it 4 stars?

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

I hadn't 'ed (is that what you use that icon for?) that the other review was yours. Certainly a pub to stay away from and, as you say, many better pubs in the vicinity.
    Hi Millay

The twig icon was set up by Conrad to sum up anything that was really naff - as he knew how much i hate those 'so called' decorative twigs in pubs with bloody lights on them. You will notice in other threads how OB, Hoppy and the other posters have left little pictures of twigs to take the p*ss!
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    You will notice in other threads how OB, Hoppy and the other posters have left little pictures of twigs to take the p*ss!
    Not at all, nothing further from my mind, as if I would ever take the P out of a fellow PuGGer (??). An appreciation

of the cutting edge of pub design is just one facet of my overall love of pubs, can I also just make the point that

twigs are perhaps a modern take on the old custom of hanging a branch outside as a pub sign

I know you like them really so here's a couple of old favourites

Attachment 142 Attachment 143

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Of course you may, but if I read it right, did you then give it 4 stars?
    Certainly not. If you hover over the stars it says zero average rating, which was what I gave it. Looking at other pubs it seems that it's only stars that are coloured in that indicate the average rating, it is a bit misleading though.

Quote Originally Posted by Soup Dragon View Post
    Hi Millay

The twig icon was set up by Conrad to sum up anything that was really naff - as he knew how much i hate those 'so called' decorative twigs in pubs with bloody lights on them. You will notice in other threads how OB, Hoppy and the other posters have left little pictures of twigs to take the p*ss!
    Thanks that makes sense now - I think

I know I shouldnt but I find myself looking for twigs in pubs to photograph now. I get some funny looks but I am used to that.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Certainly not. If you hover over the stars it says zero average rating, which was what I gave it. Looking at other pubs it seems that it's only stars that are coloured in that indicate the average rating, it is a bit misleading though.
    I didn't think so, but no amount of hovering is showing me anything other than 4 yellow(?) stars, Very misleading indeed.