Ads not shown when logged in
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by NickDavies View Post
    Something's rattled Bite's cage because I've just suddenly started getting update e-mails, first since a small flurry last May.
    I've had 8 in the last 1/2 hour or so.

If I'm going to be sent every update on my hundreds of pubs I could get overwhelmed.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

I've had sod all.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I've had sod all.
    me too, but I've only been waiting since July:

BITE Regulars is probably a better place for this type of stuff.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie86 View Post
    Judging by his review of the Smithfield Hotel, which had a beer festival on, I think I may have seen him, or his group. If so I better lay low - they were quietly enjoying drinks at the back of the room and we enjoyed drinks with the Otley boys, which I've found is almost the complete opposite of 'a quiet pint'.
    ... her review, I think. Was the caravan outside?

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    The pictures are odd, we have a lot of members who enjoy the photography end and aren't so bothered to review - which I can understand. I am not entirely sure why they come here (but I am grateful), I think it ties into what was said earlier in the thread, people see the pictures and want to contribute more, not unlike reviews. The other reason I suspect is that we are more open than other sites, in that we do show the contributors name and you can delete your own pictures if you want to (and sadly some members have )
    I originally arrived because of the pictures, one of the hobbies is photography so by using this site I can expand my hobby & visit places I would never normally, like Bloody Bognor, to take pub photos, and maybe pop into a few pubs whilst there.

For me this site has expanded my hobby and travel, without it I would never had made the trip to Arundel for instance, or gone into the Mucky Duck [White Swan] JDW in Pompey. Both of which were worthwhile
    Last edited by Farway; 22-01-2010 at 13:57. Reason: typo

Farway has explained my reasons. Loved photography for years and always carried a camera on me. In recent years pub photos have revived my interest and given me a new reason to get about. Having a vehicle of Lynne's to drive meant I could not drink in every pub I took a shot of.
    Someone in Hereford, a number of years ago, was walking past the Bulmers Cider Plant when tragically a huge storage vat exploded and became airborne.They took a photo and it was syndicated making quite a sum for the photographer. Now with qood quality cameras on mobile phones most people have the means to take such a shot but how many would have the presence of mind to do it ?

It seems that Bite's PM feature is turned of, except between Regulars. Chris has put in an appearance, three in fact. I just hope it's a prelude to something effective...
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    It seems that Bite's PM feature is turned of, except between Regulars. Chris has put in an appearance, three in fact. I just hope it's a prelude to something effective...
    He can put in as many appearances as he likes. I lost any faith or respect for him months ago and he wont win me back. He has not once addressed the very issues that have made people desert the site and carries on oblivious. If by posting a couple of messages about storing PM's and the Pub of the Day repeats are his way of saying "look guys, I really do care" then it's no surprise we are all here.

Just polished off a bottle of red wine. Does it show?
    Last edited by RogerB; 22-01-2010 at 22:36.

Nope, you still look like Homer...........
    Pubs are a hobby, real ale is a passion. Oh, and like me dogs, fear no evil..........

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runningdog View Post
    I think that's the previously disfunctional forum pm - I imagine the main site pm will be working just as previously. Like Roger, I doubt that chris is building up to anything effective - on the very day he should have been concerned about evidence/notification that some key players were giving up, he simply made a joke about the rpotd not working and later 'closed' an offensive thread but left the comments visible. One pub added in the last 30days from, I believe, a list of a coupla thousand?