Ads not shown when logged in
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I can't stand people kissing in pubs and I've seen couples ordered to stop or leave before. From reading the reports the governor did ask them to stop and they ignored him so he threw them out. I could find no obvious homophobic undertones mentioned anywhere. I wasn't there, but fair play I say!
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201104153724/

There's just something about it that makes men feel very comfortable

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Farway View Post
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-201104153724/

There's just something about it that makes men feel very comfortable
    I think that made my day.

I'm still reeling from the suggestion that kissing shouldn't be allowed in pubs, what a stupid line to draw, what are you supposed to do in pubs? "You are only allowed in my pub if you sit on your own at a table and stare studiously at a crossword, but no filling it in, the scratching of the pencil annoys me"

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I think that made my day.

I'm still reeling from the suggestion that kissing shouldn't be allowed in pubs, what a stupid line to draw, what are you supposed to do in pubs? "You are only allowed in my pub if you sit on your own at a table and stare studiously at a crossword, but no filling it in, the scratching of the pencil annoys me"
    That's a genius link

Thing is, it's about consistency. I'm not a fan of amorous couples in pubs - a quick kiss or a hug is one thing, but I draw the line at octopussing. If that's what these two guys were doing I would says that's too far, regardless of the gender combo.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

I'm not a fan of watching octopussing (new term on me ), but I tend to put that down to me being uptight. Personally I find it far more offensive everytime someone puts 'Last Christmas' on a pub jukebox and I wouldn't suggest you eject them from the pub. I just think there are better things to get worried about, if it bothers you that much either don't look, or laugh and point.

As an incidental, the reporting of interviews of 'other people' in the pub seems to indicate that they were kicked out for a quick peck in the end, but really reporters are only going to report whatever suits them, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongers View Post
    I've seen someone on here use the word 'grockles' a couple of times which I understand to be some Cornish ooo arrr language used to decribe us normal types in the real world.
    'Grockles' is the name given by the locals to holiday makers in Devon; in Cornwall they are known as 'Emmets'. I don't know why.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paris_Hilton View Post
    'Grockles' is the name given by the locals to holiday makers in Devon; in Cornwall they are known as 'Emmets'. I don't know why.
    On the Yorkshire coast they are known as 'Comforts', as in come for't day / week etc.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

So they can make sure that no outside blood interferes with their inbreeding? Gimme 6!
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

Emmets is Cornish for ants , crawling all over the place .

I once had the pleasure of walking into a pretty busy locals pub (Farmers Arms , Polzeath ) in Cornwall and was told "we`re closed" one of the locals piped up "there Tonys mates" to which the Landlord replied "thats OK then , we`re open , thought you were emmets " Weird weird place !!
    Theres a Man with a Mullet going Mad with a Mallet in Millets !

This pub:http://www.pubsgalore.co.uk/pubs/10998/ has won its local CAMRA branch POTY. The landlord will be known to those of us who used to frequent the other side as Brewshed. I must visit, but it is a bit off my area, unfortunately.
    "At that moment I would have given a kingdom, not for champagne or hock and soda, or hot coffee but for a glass of beer" Marquess Curzon of Kedlestone, Viceroy of India.

This Space For Hire

This is ever so strange

http://www.belocal.com/pubs_night_cl...adworth_surrey

A load of scraped off comments from the glory days..they're all there, both of him