Ads not shown when logged in
Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Eight 10/10's in a row - must be an absolutely fantastic place. I wonder if they sell beer.
    Next PuG meet up venue sorted I think.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    ..... the staff wrote a review to rebut it where they announced they were staff, and they have requested on their Facebook page that they would like fans of their venue to leave reviews here so others know. Seems like a good promotion for us and them to me.
    100% with you on this Conrad, it shows that the marketing effort is succeeding in bringing in reviews and members. Clearly those reviews generated via the marketing on Facebook are going to be different to those generated by say a banner on a CAMRA website, but they should surely be no less valued.
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

I know this thread is generally used for other comment but it does have an open title, and I don't think my question warrants a new topic.

Does anyone know where I can find that thread that contained some excellent pub/beer/drink - related quotes?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    Diva's was mentioned on another of the review threads.

They had a highly abusive review that we removed. But the staff wrote a review to rebut it where they announced they were staff, and they have requested on their Facebook page that they would like fans of their venue to leave reviews here so others know. Seems like a good promotion for us and them to me.
    Hi thanks Conrad for the explanation that explains things. I did not realise this Pub had come up before on this site. I can not use Facebook as its seen as a serious security risk by our Lord & Masters at work and blocked as such from every computer on our work Network & Laptops.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Wandering, or wondering, or wandering in.

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find that thread that contained some excellent pub/beer/drink - related quotes?
    It might be this one that started off with the Buffalso Theory and Beer joke
    I've just joined Alcoholics Anonymous - I still drink, just under a different name.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    Hi thanks Conrad for the explanation that explains things. I did not realise this Pub had come up before on this site. I can not use Facebook as its seen as a serious security risk by our Lord & Masters at work and blocked as such from every computer on our work Network & Laptops.
    I have to admit if I was in charge of IT at a workplace I would probably block Facebook. It does seem to cost an undue amount of work hours of those who are of its persuasion.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Thanks Millay, I may be able to use something from there, but the thread I was searching for was one containing quotes regarding drinking/drinks/pubs.
    eg Belloc's 'When you have lost your Inns, drown your sorry selves...' recently sported by A&H(?) as a signature.

This Space For Hire aleandhearty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    I honestly don't remember there being one on PuG. I know I started one on the 'dark side' on that subject, but can't recall anybody doing one here.

The A Swift One blog has some good ones though. Open the site and scroll down to the bottom rght hand side.
    'And where he supped the past lived still. And where he sipped the glass brimmed full' John Barleycorn, Carol Ann Duffy.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

It is a new one on me as well, I think it must have been on another forum.

Feel free to start a new one here though, sounds like a great thread .

Spritzer Swallower

Default Hi

Just thought I'd say hello. Beer lover and occasional contributor to BITE, was then perplexed to find that forum had disappeared. A query on Pub Utopoia forum brought a reply from Gangsta that BITE users had migrated here!

Seems a shame that the forum here and the the publist at BITE can't be combined though - I put in a reasonable number of reviews on BITE and it seems a drag to consider doing it again on this site. But good to see a lively forum again.

Cheers!