Ads not shown when logged in
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

This Space For Hire

Quick comment..when you start posting on forums and there are allusions to other forums and a "split" it can be off putting. I don't know the back history at all and I gloss over comments relating to it but it seems to be commented on a lot of threads here..maybe it's time to move on.

Many forum members here were previously slagged off and banned by the admin of the "other forum" for trying to prevent exactly what is happening there now. As you say you have no knowledge of the history by not being involved with what went previously and have little interest in the matter. That is quite understandable. The Shed Dwellers gave a great deal of time to building the formidable data base which was abused by trolls with no action by moderation. The wounds are as yet unhealed for them to be forgotten. It will work out in the end.

The number of comments added(removed) is gone now,so nobody has any idea if a purge is ongoing.........

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinko View Post
    Quick comment..when you start posting on forums and there are allusions to other forums and a "split" it can be off putting. I don't know the back history at all and I gloss over comments relating to it but it seems to be commented on a lot of threads here..maybe it's time to move on.
    I so as you do Spinko, never having been witness to the goings on elsewhere on another site, I just gloss over the comments. Mind you it has brought a lot of the other sites forum members over here, so every cloud etc

I'll stay on me own

Quote Originally Posted by an_ecumenical_matter View Post
    The number of comments added(removed) is gone now,so nobody has any idea if a purge is ongoing.........
    They must be purging pubs as well as comments, the front page now says -1 pub added in the last 30 days!

Did anyone watch this programme that was shown on BBC3 recently?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Roxy_Mitchell/

It's a typical, stage managed, celebrity reality TV programme, but there were a few interesting moments including a brief glimpse of 'the dark side' when the actress was researching pubs in her vacinity for a 'best barmaid' contest.
    There was a telling comment from her when she mentioned that most of the phone numbers she was trying didn't work, which probably validates Conrad's decision not to display them on PuG (albeit at the expense of a brief bit of screen time!! ;-) ).

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
    They must be purging pubs as well as comments, the front page now says -1 pub added in the last 30 days!
    I may be wrong but I seem to remember that is a feature of that site (it would be a bug on this one ), if nothing has been added for 30 days it switches to minus 1 on the pubs, presumably some weird maths..

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    There was a telling comment from her when she mentioned that most of the phone numbers she was trying didn't work, which probably validates Conrad's decision not to display them on PuG (albeit at the expense of a brief bit of screen time!! ;-) ).
    What there is any doubt that I make right decisions? (any mention of my position on the prediction leagues will be frowned on at this point!)

It is worse than that though as you pay through the nose when you dial the numbers they provide, which is just so dodgy if the numbers are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pubsignman View Post
    Did anyone watch this programme that was shown on BBC3 recently?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Roxy_Mitchell/

It's a typical, stage managed, celebrity reality TV programme, but there were a few interesting moments including a brief glimpse of 'the dark side' when the actress was researching pubs in her vacinity for a 'best barmaid' contest.
    It's around the 45 minute mark if you don't want to watch it all!

Apparently the other place has added -1 pubs this month.
    A pub is for life not just for Christmas

A pub is for life not just for Christmas