Ads not shown when logged in
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    I understand they will be next be banning the use of the word "beer" as it may cause offence to the teetotallers who may occasionally stray onto the site.
    And I used the word "crack" in a recent forum posting here. I wouldn't be surprised if that got the chop if I had used it in Another Place.

We're not really 'ere! trainman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rattus View Post
    And I used the word "crack" in a recent forum posting here. I wouldn't be surprised if that got the chop if I had used it in Another Place.
    Hehe, we'll have to allow the use of 'craic', even out of context, henceforth; eg. 'Despite the menacing craic along the far wall, the building somehow remains upright and dispenses a selection of real ales, but get here soon, just in case...'

I* w*ll soo* *e imp*oss*ble *o g*t an*yth**g p*st*d *n B*T* w*th**t res**t*ng t* a lo*d of ******'s

I have noticed they are now on nearly minus 1000 reviews. if you add that too the normally posted of around 3000 reviews a month that were on average posted and it means around 4000 reviews have been deleted so far this month. It means someone is getting very serious and doing a good clean up.
    Don't You just hate Pubs that say
    ( We don't stock any Real Ales as theres Just no call for it.)

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alesonly View Post
    I have noticed they are now on nearly minus 1000 reviews. if you add that too the normally posted of around 3000 reviews a month that were on average posted and it means around 4000 reviews have been deleted so far this month. It means someone is getting very serious and doing a good clean up.
    I suspect some sort of "official" legal letter, either from pubco / solicitor or both has put a firework under them, maybe even Equality folk ref race / homophobic hate? Just a guess

Former Pubs Galore Coder

From our observations, about 1% of your reviews have been deleted using word filters which is very simple to do and a fairly good idea, although does hit perfectly good reviews as demonstrated. That would mean based on the fact there are about 350,000 reviews on BITE - 3,500 have been removed with word filters, I don't think that is that serious myself just a quickest solution to a problem they have.

As to why - Chris has been taking a serious interest in our forums for the last month, particularly this thread and it is obvious that he has targeted all the pubs mentioned in this thread. Also interesting to see him beginning to more earnestly embrace Facebook on BITE now (albeit not as tightly as us).

As ever these are open (moderated) forums, I think restricting them serves no purpose so feel free to chat, there are 2 arguments available here:
    1) point out areas you think he should sort (as this seems to be the best place to get a response now)
    2) leave it alone as you are giving him feedback

We are fine with either

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    1) point out areas you think he should sort (as this seems to be the best place to get a response now)
    oh the irony of it all

teehee hee hee hee hee
    (that's mocking laughter)

Forums are so much like pubs. Whether Moderator or Publican they are the people who set the tone of the place. They keep out the riff raff , troublemakers and keep the wind up merchants under control. Not all customers are fully house trained but they know enough not upset the rest of the clientèle if they wish to continue using the facilities.
    I do not frequent un moderated forums or pubs run by inactive Licencees. I like freedom from cyber bullies and the possibillity of getting glassed.

I see they've 'lost' one of my old reviews - I can't imagine which, as I very rarely (as far as I know) use any words that might be picked up in a clean up trawl...

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    As to why - Chris has been taking a serious interest in our forums for the last month, particularly this thread and it is obvious that he has targeted all the pubs mentioned in this thread [...]
    2) leave it alone as you are giving him feedback
    *waves to BITE admin*

Still want to call us names now, eh?

I have decided this'll be my last post on this thread. I'm not inadvertently doing any more work for them. I'm staying here and want this site to Be The Best (copyright Katie Brand)