Ads not shown when logged in
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    One aspect that PG wins hands down over BITE and I am most impressed with is that we can update our existing review at a later date and it springs back to the top of the pile as a new review so we hopefully won't get a string of reviews from the same person cloggiing up a particular pub's page.
    Top post Sir!

I have looked at Birmingham and my hometown Tamworth pub listings in that particular website.. out of date with few pubs haven't marked closed yet and too few photographs. Also I have noticed there is few crude comments and attacking fellow reviewers which is out of order!
    J.D Wetherspoon = Home of Hoppy: The Silk Kite, Tamworth.. http://www.tamworthblog.co.uk/2009/0...-blogs-review/

Real Ale Drinker

Good comments from Conrad and RogerB i feel.

Fully paid up beer belly Farway's Avatar

Late coming to this thread and not ex bite forum contributor so not a refugee as such, did post some pics & reviews a couple of years back, but got fed up with the bloomin' pop unders getting on my nerves

Business cards, good idea, would be very handy in my case when publican asks why I am photographing, give him a card, smiles all round, and maybe a free pint?

Greetings all - I'm another of the rats deserting the sinking ship of the BITE forums.
    Well not really, I really hope things will improve over there. But my past experience with forums of other types doesn't give me much hope at the moment for the forum side of their site.

Anyway I'm not here to slag off another site - so here's a bit of introduction for those who don't know me. I'm male, 40, originally from the US but have lived in N London for the past 10 years, I'm not easy to get rid of. I grew up on cheap tinned lager ("Red White & Blue", a budget knock-off of Budweiser if you can believe it) but those days are long gone. Mrs dpv and I (she prefers strong dark ales, I tend toward the floral and fruity) are both camra members of the "inactive with intent to improve" brigade.

Looking forward to settling in here and finding my way around.

Former Pubs Galore Coder

Hi dpv,

Glad to have you, just in case you haven't gathered - myself and Dave M are the administrators of the site so if you have any problems, queries or can see any way to improve the site just let either of us know, we are keen to hear them.

Probably a good place to mention the Your favourite... thread, the first post is the most important after that it rambles in and out of topic, but is quite a good intros thread for all our new members.

But most of all, hope you enjoy your stay,

Conrad

Official PG MILD tester Soup Dragon's Avatar

hello dpv, welcome over - nice to see some old faces again
    MILD:

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly-Miss View Post
    Good comments from Conrad and RogerB i feel.
    Thank you - I obvously talk more sense now I have moved off the diluted wines.

Pussy Galore No 1 Oggwyn Trench's Avatar

He's already here in disguise isn't he.
    No this is the real me , Trenchlad is the disguise !

Spritzer Swallower Manky Badger's Avatar

...and it looks like Manky Badger is also on his way.

coo-eee Here I am )

Crimes, its a good job the bar re-furb will be finished tomorrow! I go out for one day and look what happens

Nice to see Conrad has a clear sense of direction for the site, and the one of allowing trusted users a small amount of moderation power as the site grows is to be commended IMO.

As for reviews, I've got a couple to put up, probably after the weekend. The Angel was the surprise hit for me in Manchester yesterday, and the thing that made it for me was the barman (not in that way before you get any ideas!) His knowledge and helpfulness was refreshing.